PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, now-former 3rd grade teacher

Twoboos
08-14-2013, 02:26 PM
The kids found out next year's teachers at the end of the school year, with their report cards.

DD2's teacher was good, lots of good reports on her. She's been all excited, got the letter from the teacher welcoming them, with the school supplies and complete class list, etc..

Then, in today's mail, a letter from the principal saying Teacher has decided to relocate and they are looking for a replacement. GREAT. School starts in 3 weeks!!

DD2 has had the BEST teachers for the past 3 years, I knew this run had to end but thought she would make it through to 4th grade. Looks like it could end here in 3rd! <grumble>

SnuggleBuggles
08-14-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm sorry. :(
We had a bummer of a teacher for 3rd grade. She totally preferred girls and it showed! As a mom of a boy, I just told myself that it was only one year. I repeated that mantra many times over the year.

bisous
08-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Yikes! Hopefully they get someone AWESOME to replace!

Corie
08-14-2013, 04:24 PM
We got a school welcoming letter one year that told us my daughter's teacher was "not yet hired".

Green_Tea
08-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Pretty much every awesome teacher in the world replaced a teacher who left - stay optimistic!

AnnieW625
08-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Pretty much every awesome teacher in the world replaced a teacher who left - stay optimistic!

:yeahthat: says the sister of an unemployed middle and high school teacher who does awesome stuff for her students (she posts the awesome stuff she does on Facebook or tells me) and most of her students like her, but she has been laid off each June due to having zero tenure and budget issues.

Twoboos
08-14-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm sure it will be fine. I'm just scarred b/c DD1 ended up with a long-term sub for her entire 2nd grade year and she was less than great (original teacher was supposed to have a baby at the end of Sept, went early so had baby at end of Aug, then decided not to come back). It was her first teaching gig as a second career, and she never got a hold of the class - they were wild!! - and I think they all kind of suffered for it.

ccather
08-15-2013, 08:36 PM
We find out our teacher assignments for K the Thursday before school starts. My older two find out the Friday before. It's always crossed fingers and surprises around here :P

chlobo
08-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Well my daugther's teacher sucked last year. She was hired in August and went out on Maternity leave in March. Had a high risk pregnancy so every OB visit was a full day. Not a lot of consistency in the classroom.

This year her teacher sucks again. I didn't think they would do it two years in a row but they did.

Nooknookmom
08-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Ugh I know how U feel! We had a bummer 2nd grade and 4th with dd1. We made it through...but for your DD to be so excited and have this let down that really stinks :(.

Sorry. I wouldn't be happy either.

We are on DD2's "good run" being that she had dd1's same kindy and 1st teachers. Next yr will not be the same bc they moved teachers around grade wise. So I'm gonna take this while it lasts ;)

I hope u guys get a good replacement & your DD is happy there.