PDA

View Full Version : When it is cold, what do you wear under a dress while pregnant?

Philly Mom
08-14-2013, 04:06 PM
I have a bunch of pregnancy dresses that I would like to continue to wear once the weather turns. Any thoughts on what to wear on the bottom?

BabyBearsMom
08-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Leggings.

mommylamb
08-14-2013, 04:13 PM
I had some nice thick maternity tights.

Philly Mom
08-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Leggings.

Regular leggings? Like the ones at old navy? Or pregnancy specific?

Philly Mom
08-14-2013, 04:18 PM
I had some nice thick maternity tights.

Where can you buy pregnancy tights?

BabyBearsMom
08-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Regular leggings? Like the ones at old navy? Or pregnancy specific?

I bought maternity leggings from old navy. I also wore tights but felt like I was always hiking them up. I got tights from motherhood.

mommylamb
08-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Where can you buy pregnancy tights?

I got them on Amazon. They weren't cheap, but not overly expensive either (I think they were under $20), but I wore them a lot because I hated wearing pants while pregnant.

Philly Mom
08-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks!!

lizzywednesday
08-15-2013, 08:05 AM
I wore tights with no problems. They were the Assets brand from Target and I felt like they fit very well. If it helps any, I wear between a 14 and 16 in dresses & pants. The Assets tights were the only ones I found that came in a long enough leg-length to be comfortable. (I also had a few pair by Berkshire, but they were terrible.)

I also had an open cardigan to wear over things, but I hated the way it shed! (The cardigan was Motherhood.)

citymama
08-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Boden leggings.

ETA When pregnant, Gap maternity leggings. They were great.

abh5e8
08-15-2013, 06:23 PM
leggings...boden until i outgrew them. then old navy maternity size.

bostonsmama
08-15-2013, 07:45 PM
I have a few spring knit/sweater dresses that I layered long-sleeved striped Ts under, and when it was really cold I would wear tights (although they made the sweater dresses cling), so sometimes I wore my Under Armour winter (cold gear) running tights. The latter were shinier on the outside, so dresses would glide over them and not bunch, but they had warm fleece on the inside. To mitigate the "shiny tights" look, I wore knee-high, black suede boots.

Honestly, even pantyhose feel warmer compared with nothing.

georgiegirl
08-15-2013, 08:16 PM
In your third trimester, you will probably welcome cold aid up your dress...lol.

Philly Mom
08-15-2013, 08:22 PM
In your third trimester, you will probably welcome cold aid up your dress...lol.

That is a really good point. Just starting third trimester and due in early November. Don't want to waste money because it could be warm enough without anything or it could be a year with an early snow. Giving birth in the summer was much easier.

bostonsmama
08-15-2013, 09:46 PM
I ran cold my entire pregnancy last time. There are pictures of me sweating my booty off at an October baby shower with a late heat spell, and there are pics of me with massive sweaters on towards the end!! You'll have to let me know how Philly is in November. We have a stay planned. ;)

Philly Mom
08-16-2013, 09:13 PM
I ran cold my entire pregnancy last time. There are pictures of me sweating my booty off at an October baby shower with a late heat spell, and there are pics of me with massive sweaters on towards the end!! You'll have to let me know how Philly is in November. We have a stay planned. ;)

Philly is unpredictable in November. 3 years ago we had some warm days, 2 years ago it snowed in late October. Last year we had sandy right before Halloween. It is really difficult weather to predict and changes quite a bit day to day. Normally a fleece is enough though.

bisous
08-17-2013, 05:06 PM
I was just going to say, "I don't know--I have NEVER been cold when pregnant and this is my fourth pregnancy!" Seriously. This is what comes from having four late summer, early fall kids. This baby is due in November which can be a cold month in some places. But I'm betting here in So Cal it will still be warm until perhaps the last few weeks. I probably won't be dressed cute then, lol. :)