PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT table service?

fivi2
08-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Going next week. Debating a few (non-character) last minute adrs (there is some availability).

Any thoughts on: Biergarten v. Teppan Edo v. Rose and Crown v. Garden Grill?

Other confirmed adrs for the trip are HDDR, CRT, and Tusker House.

I don't really love buffets, so leaning against Biergarten, but if the "fun" of it is sufficient, I will consider it (like Tusker House). We ate at Tutto Italia last time (I think that is the name) and didn't care for it. Is Teppan Edo equivalent to like a Benihana? Rose and Crown actually seems to have less availability, but I can keep calling for cancellations if it is worth it. If I can get an adr for the right time, I might grab it just for Illuminations. Garden Grill is appealing because dds liked the living with the land boat ride, but I have no clue about the food. Not interested in Morocco, sushi, Mexico, Norway... But open to other ideas!

Indianamom2
08-15-2013, 09:12 PM
It's been a while since we last went (but we're going in Sept.). The only one of those listed that I've been to is the Garden Grill. It's been about 6 years ago now, but the food was good. Basic American fare, as I recall, and I think it was served family style. Of your list, I would probably go to the Rose and Crown simply because it is a great place for the fireworks, or so I hear. We're trying out the Biergarten this time around because DH wanted to try it. I'm not so thrilled, but I'll survive. Have fun!

TwinFoxes
08-15-2013, 11:44 PM
I enjoyed Biergarten. I'm a sucker for a Disney show, so take it FWIW. Rose and Crown is fine if you like pub grub. Teppan Edo is Benihana like, teppanyaki (sp?) style cooking. I know you said no Mexican, but we really enjoyed it. Nice relaxing atmosphere.

fivi2
08-16-2013, 07:15 AM
I have heard the Mexican places are fine, but I am concerned that since it won't be like our Tex-Mex, my girls will freak out a bit. I might be wrong!

Thank you both for the input. I am considering looking at Via Napoli also, but hesitant since we didn't like the other restaurant in Italy last time.

georgiegirl
08-16-2013, 07:31 AM
We got to the Biergarten every time. The kids absolutely love dancing when the band plays. I'm not a buffet person (and I don't eat meat), but there was enough to satisfy me on the buffet. If you like sausage, it's great! The only other table service we've eat at Epcot is Tokyo House. Last time we were there (last November), we are at the quick service Japanese place, which we thought was fantastic. (We didn't eat sushi, just teriyaki and noodles.)

egoldber
08-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Biergarten is fun, but very noisy. Also, you may be seated with another family.

Rose and Crown has the best beer selection. ;) It's basic pub food, nothing spectacular, but we like it.

We like the atmosphere in the Mexico restaurant, but the food is mediocre at best.

Is Garden Grill is a character meal at dinner too? We have done the meal there. It's family style and they bring big platters to share.

I have not eaten at Via Napoli. It is a completely different ownership from the previous restaurant.

fivi2
08-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Oh I guess GG is a character meal - I wasn't counting Chip and Dale :)

Thanks for the reviews!

klwa
08-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Of those, the only one we've done is Garden Grill, with the characters. And it's the only meal we've ever done that DH has requested that we do again.

keh602
08-16-2013, 12:52 PM
We've eaten at Garden Grill and loved the food. The character interaction is an added bonus.

We thought Teppan Edo was a blast. Just a fun meal. As I recall, the food was good too.

San Angel Inn in Mexico is our favorite. The atmosphere is awesome, and the food is great too. I tried something new this last time that I loved. It's still very kid friendly place.

I think the only other sit down we've done at Epcot is Akershus, and that was good too. We were primarily there for the princesses though. :)

Gracemom
08-17-2013, 11:23 AM
We have been to Biergarten and Garden Grill and enjoyed both. The kids liked Garden Grill when they were younger and liked seeing the characters. It was a very relaxing meal. We did Biergarten around Christmas and it was very special. They sang Silent Night in German like my grandmother used to do. :love5: The food was decent. We all found something we liked. Dessert was great. We weren't sure about sharing a table with other guests, but it was fine.

cntrymoon2
08-19-2013, 05:08 AM
Via Napoli is one of my favorite Disney restaurants...the Margherita pizza is AMAZING!! I'm not a huge fan of Biergarten food, but if you'd enjoy the show, that might be worth it.