PDA

View Full Version : Are boot cut jeans out of style?

cookiemonster80
08-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Everyone is wearing tapered leg jeans now- I just can't get into this style- it looks terrible on me so I'm still wearing my trusty bootcuts. I remember from my teen years moms still wearing the high waisted mom jeans that were in style when they were younger and wonder if bootcut jeans now are the equivalent of those.

georgiegirl
08-16-2013, 10:10 AM
I think boot cut jeans are a pretty classic style.

LMPC
08-16-2013, 10:51 AM

I'm stickin' with this as well ;)

ilfaith
08-16-2013, 11:26 AM
I just bought myself a pair of boot-cut jeans at American Eagle (I went in to look for shirts for DS1 and wound up shopping for myself). Every other pair of jeans I've bought over the past three years has been skinny, and I am getting bored with the look.

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=1437_8155_042&catId=cat20110

jerseygirl07067
08-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Everyone is wearing tapered leg jeans now- I just can't get into this style- it looks terrible on me so I'm still wearing my trusty bootcuts. I remember from my teen years moms still wearing the high waisted mom jeans that were in style when they were younger and wonder if bootcut jeans now are the equivalent of those.

I have both but I love my bootcuts. I honestly think the tapered pants and skinny jeans look so 80s to me. Though I do have a few, but love my bootcuts!

mackmama
08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes I think they are technically out of style these days but it's what I have (and what looks good on my body shape) so I'm wearing 'em!

citymama
08-16-2013, 06:58 PM

I agree!

stinkyfeet
08-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Bootcut looks best on me too. I can't pull off the skinny or tapered leg jeans.

Katigre
08-16-2013, 08:47 PM
It's far more about the waist height and pocket placement with whether the bootcut looks grumpy or just "woman in her 30's and 40's style"

Sent from my phone, pardon my typos!

94bruin
08-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Yes I think they are technically out of style these days but it's what I have (and what looks good on my body shape) so I'm wearing 'em!
:yeahthat:

I have muscular calves, so these work best for me.

Fairy
08-16-2013, 11:29 PM
I know we all have our own style, but I have never liked tapered jeans on anyone. I think they look goofy. BUT. I wouldn't wear anything else with boots. So, I do own two pairs of skinny jeans that I wear with my boots, and I love the way they look. When I wear them without the boots and just regular shoes, I think I look ridiculous. That's just me. I do agree that boot cut jeans are a more classic style that transcends the trends.

tarnator
08-17-2013, 01:23 AM
I think the true trendsetters today are wearing really high waisted bootcut jeans again..... good lord, I can't keep up!

I have some skinny jeans and bootcut and happily wear both. I wonder if I will be wearing high waisted jeans next? Nope. Not likely. Well maybe.... :)

Personally, regular bootcut jeans seem like a classic to me so stick with it!

jerseygirl07067
08-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Oh, to add, the other reason I don't like tapered is because I have very long feet and very thin calves, so I wind up looking like the letter L. :) Can only wear them with boots and nothing else, otherwise....L effect!

AnnieW625
08-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Not in my mind.

smilequeen
08-18-2013, 07:47 PM
I know we all have our own style, but I have never liked tapered jeans on anyone. I think they look goofy. BUT. I wouldn't wear anything else with boots. So, I do own two pairs of skinny jeans that I wear with my boots, and I love the way they look. When I wear them without the boots and just regular shoes, I think I look ridiculous. That's just me. I do agree that boot cut jeans are a more classic style that transcends the trends.

This is me too. I have skinny jeans that I wear with tall boots and boot cut that I wear with other shoes. I think they are fine. Certainly not glaringly out of style, even if not cutting edge :)

hillview
08-18-2013, 09:20 PM
wait what? I am IGNORING entirely the idea that bootcut could EVER be out of style. :bag

tmahanes
08-18-2013, 09:25 PM
wait what? I am IGNORING entirely the idea that bootcut could EVERY be out of style. :bag

I am right there with you on this one.... You can pry my boot cuts off of my cold dead body.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

hellokitty
08-18-2013, 09:34 PM
I hope not! While I like skinny jeans for autumn/winter to go with tall boots, I CANNOT wear flats. They kill my feet, so I cannot wear skinny jeans during other times of the yr. I wear my boot cut, to go with my birkis and orthaheels, lol!

Globetrotter
08-19-2013, 02:47 AM
I look AWFUL in skinny or tapered jeans but bootcuts look awesome so I'm sticking with them!

eta: but I don't care about fashion :)

goldenpig
08-19-2013, 03:01 AM
Both styles are "in". I have and wear both types. I especially like my white Paige Hidden Hills bootcuts. I mostly wear skinnies because they are easy to wear with heels and flats and you don't have to worry about hem length, but I also have a pair of Gap Long & Leans that I hemmed to wear with flats (ie Converse).
Here's a YLF FAQ post about boot cuts vs. skinnies:
http://youlookfab.com/2013/01/21/qa-bootcut-and-skinny-jeans/

stinkyfeet
08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm glad we got GP's expert opinion! I'll feel more confident this fall wearing my boot cut jeans! :)