PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the Boden ponte Roma pants?

citymama
08-16-2013, 06:38 PM
These look like skinny dress pants - or do they look more like leggings? I want to be able to wear these in work settings and absolutely do NOT want to come across as a woman wearing leggings when I should be wearing pants! Would love any feedback. I am looking for a pair of fitted pants to wear with looser tops (but not tunics) for work.

These are the pants: http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Petite-collection/WM346-BLK/Womens-Black-Ponte-Roma-Pant.html

and here's the top I'm looking to pair it with (Boden Ravello (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Short-Sleeved-Tops/WA460-RED/Womens-Cadmium-Red-Ravello-Top.html?NavGroupID=18)), possibly with a blazer over. The Ravello top I have is the cinnamon spot one from last year which I have never worn because my black dress pants are not so fitted, resulting in a sloppy look. I suspect the top would look best with a fitted skirt, but I don't do skirts much. Thanks for any feedback on the pants (or other black pants that could work with this top)!

tarnator
08-17-2013, 01:17 AM
I totally think that they look awesome!
They don't look like leggings to me because of the seam detail down the front and the pockets. My only concern is that Boden pants have been such a huge fail for me because they have such a weird rise - not short and not high, just weird. And I hate short zippers which they seem to have too.

I would love to see if they work out for you.
:waving4:

Top is nice too, but wouldn't work for me.

citymama
08-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks tarnator, my Boden shopping buddy! I think I'm gonna try the pants. The top I have is last years version - cream with cinammon (rust red) polka dots. It's gorgeous but I've had it a year and have yet to wear it!

I'm also looking for lightweight black wool trousers as an alternative. Seen anything?

tarnator
08-18-2013, 01:19 AM
Thanks tarnator, my Boden shopping buddy! I think I'm gonna try the pants. The top I have is last years version - cream with cinammon (rust red) polka dots. It's gorgeous but I've had it a year and have yet to wear it!

I'm also looking for lightweight black wool trousers as an alternative. Seen anything?

Nope.
I can't wear wool in anything and my work is so informal that I never need anything 'officey'! :)

....Yeah, we seem to do the same shopping, at the same places all the time don't we? I think that you are my bad influence actually. I just bought 2 sizes of this tunic that I have been eyeing from the COTD: http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Petite-collection/WL772-NAV/Womens-Navy-Birds-Must-Have-Tunic.html

and this for ODD: http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Girls-1H-12yrs-Coats-Jackets/31670-PPK/Girls-1H-12yrs-Rose-Vale-Cosy-Vest?orcid=-73#cs2

The cash total is perfect - if I return one of the tunics then I still am over $100 to take advantage of the $25 discount code! If I don't like either tunic I will return the whole order since we don't really 'need' the vest, but it is kinda 'free' if I keep one of the tunics....like my logic? DH just doesn't get it.... :)

AnnieW625
08-20-2013, 01:31 PM
I am wearing some great wool trousers from Ann Taylor. I work in a business casual environment, but I still love wool trousers.

chottumommy
08-20-2013, 02:09 PM
I bought the ponte pants during the preview and love them. I'm same stats as you so I guess it should fit you well. I wore it with a tunic from BR and will try with a Ravello top now that you mentioned it.

They don't look like leggings but neither do they look like pants. I work in a very casual environment (jeans + tshirt) and am sure I would look dressed up in these. Can't wait for cooler weather to wear them again.

citymama
08-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Thanks chotumommy - what size do you wear?

♥ms.pacman♥
10-30-2013, 12:02 AM
did u ever get these, citymama? i heard so much about these and with the sales and various codes floating around i finally bit the bullet.got them today and really like them. they are super stretchy. they don't look like leggings IMO...they are definitely a step up (dressier) from that.

i like how the rise is higher. with the Costco ponte pants, the rise is lower and tends to give more of a muffin top.

eta: i am pairing it with the Empire line top in pewter, which has navy accents.
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/3_4-Sleeved-Tops/WL760-PEW/Womens-Pewter-Petal-Burst-Empire-Line-Top.html

i like the top in the OP (love the color), but i don't think i could pull it off with these pants, with my shape (i'm apple shaped, so short, bright-colored tops with dark, skinny pants are a no-no bc they just emphasize larger top half and skinny bottom half). but i think someone with more of an hourglass shape could pull it off.

Green22
10-30-2013, 10:40 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would share. I recently got these pants from Kohls which look a lot like the Boden ones (although I doubt they will hold up as well) and they are really fantastic. I am wearing them now. No muffin top but not skin tight. Also they don't look like leggings with pockets painted on. I sized up from my usual size. I like them so much I am thinking about getting a second pair because nothing from kohls really washes well for me (though I wash and dry everything). I usually don't find anything at kohls that fits right.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1504561/lc-lauren-conrad-ponte-skinny-ankle-pants.jsp

twowhat?
10-30-2013, 10:47 AM
I just saw this. I have the ponte roma pants and love them. They aren't perfect - I think they lean towards leggings in terms of what tops I'd wear with them but here's why: pocket placement isn't ideal. If your butt isn't decent, you'll get a bit of the "long butt" syndrome becaues the back pockets aren't large enough and/or placed low enough. SO, I will only wear tops that cover most of my butt, because my butt is a bit saggy and far from perfect:) If I wore some sort of shapewear underneath that would probably fix the problem but I'd still only wear longer tops because of my shape (hourglass/pear).

Yes, the rise is higher - that is good for me because of my c-section flap/diastasis. I can't imagine the higher rise to be a problem...it's good if you have a tummy. And if your tummy is pretty flat, then any rise works and it just becomes a matter of preference (I know pre-kids I prefered a very low rise).

The material is divine. It's very thick and very comfortable. I have worn them with boots (on like the one day it's been cold enough here haha) with a longer sweater and loved it!

The navy color is great. It's a rich navy - doesn't look cheap at all and would totally be fine for work with the right top.

eta I'm 5'6'' and with 37 inch hips/27 waist and got a size 4 which fits perfectly, if that helps. Also, most Boden tops are NOT long enough for me (this is my biggest beef with Boden!) unless I buy something described as tunic length. I am not sure about that Ravello top but from the pics, it wouldn't work with the ponte roma pants for me. And no way would I be tucking anything into those pants:)

♥ms.pacman♥
10-30-2013, 11:15 AM
The material is divine. It's very thick and very comfortable. I have worn them with boots (on like the one day it's been cold enough here haha) with a longer sweater and loved it!

The navy color is great. It's a rich navy - doesn't look cheap at all and would totally be fine for work with the right top.

eta I'm 5'6'' and with 37 inch hips/27 waist and got a size 4 which fits perfectly, if that helps. Also, most Boden tops are NOT long enough for me (this is my biggest beef with Boden!) unless I buy something described as tunic length. I am not sure about that Ravello top but from the pics, it wouldn't work with the ponte roma pants for me. And no way would I be tucking anything into those pants:)
i'm convinced only models in the pics (5'10", size 0, flat, six-pack stomach)are the only ones on earth who are able to get away with tucking tops into pants and having it look good. :)

fwiw i got size 6...5'6" hips are 35.5" but waist is like 31" so i was worried it would be too tight in the waist but they totally weren't. they are pretty stretchy. and yes, would go perfect with boots. i just need to wait for it to get cold enough to wear them! lol.

citymama
10-31-2013, 01:34 AM
Thanks all for the updates. I never ended up buying the bullet but am tempted now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)