PDA

View Full Version : Why am I still pregnant?

georgiegirl
08-18-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm three days overdue with #3. Both of my other two arrived on their due dates on their own. So why am I still pregnant? Who goes overdue only with their third child? I'm sure of my due date (which was also confirmed by an early ultrasound) and last week baby was estimated to be a pound bigger than DS. Who knows how big he is now. Yesterday, we kicked it into high gear and I walked a lot and tried another popular method of encouraging labor...lol. All it resulted in was false labor in the middle of the night (which I also had on my due date.). I'm done being pregnant. Just get this baby out of me!!!!

sarahsthreads
08-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Hang in there! It's so hard, this not knowing when baby's going to decide to arrive, isn't it?? :hug:

(And I stand by my assertion that a good pedicure could help. Anyway, it can't hurt, and you'll also have pretty toes for the delivery!)

Sarah :)

Philly Mom
08-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Hang in there. I am a third child and the only one who was late, my brothers were early. I don't trust the weight estimations they do either. Baby will be here soon. Stay rested and hydrated.

BabyBearsMom
08-18-2013, 08:57 AM
I feel for you. DD2 was a full week after my due date while DD1 was a few days early. That last week felt like an eternity. Sending labor vibes your way.

SnuggleBuggles
08-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Just chill and enjoy this extra time. Take the big kids to the movies or an amusement park. Just go stuff that'll be a heck of a lot harder with 3. :). Both if mine were 42 weekers. I suspected ds2 would be late so I actually relied on that "free" time. I hope your little one comes soon. Remember- fat squishes so don't worry about size at this point.

megs4413
08-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Do you know what your bishop's score is?

if your cervix is favorable, I'd go for nipple stim. preferably with a pump.

georgiegirl
08-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Do you know what your bishop's score is?

if your cervix is favorable, I'd go for nipple stim. preferably with a pump.

On Thursday I was 3cm dilated and the baby was really low (lower than the week before), but my cervix was far back. Unfortunately, it seems like my ancient breastpump has seen better days. It's over 7 years old. I tried it this morning and the suction was either too weak or way too strong. I've been walking a lot, I shaved my legs, and painted my toes. The weight estimate is based on the OB feeling up my tummy, and for some reason that seems more accurate than a u/s. I have a NST and a u/s to check the amniotic fluid level scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. If baby is not here by tomorrow, I'm going to call an acupuncturist my friend recommended.

AnnieW625
08-18-2013, 11:28 AM
My mom was 14 days overdue with my sister, her 3rd child. My sister's due date was my 10th birthday. I was 5 days early, and my brother was kind of on time (my mom had super irregular periods so she had no clue she was pregnant with my brother until she was 3 mos. along so his initial due date was Feb. 28, 1980, but he was born 20 days later, he was also 9lbs. vs. my sister and I were under 8 so he really could have been a week to two weeks late).

A friend if mine was 17 days late with her 3rd. She had a home birth and very little monitoring though so she really didn't care how late she was. I think her 4th baby was on time.

Philly Mom
08-18-2013, 11:44 AM
On Thursday I was 3cm dilated and the baby was really low (lower than the week before), but my cervix was far back. Unfortunately, it seems like my ancient breastpump has seen better days. It's over 7 years old. I tried it this morning and the suction was either too weak or way too strong. I've been walking a lot, I shaved my legs, and painted my toes. The weight estimate is based on the OB feeling up my tummy, and for some reason that seems more accurate than a u/s. I have a NST and a u/s to check the amniotic fluid level scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. If baby is not here by tomorrow, I'm going to call an acupuncturist my friend recommended.

I was not dilated with DD1 at my 36 week appointment on a Friday. My ob told me it would be a couple weeks. At 11pm the following Wednesday my water broke. When I got to the hospital at 12:30 am, I was 4 cm. you can go from 0 to 10 quickly. Do the acupuncture. I bet it will be relaxing.

bostonsmama
08-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Big hugs. My mom's 3rd was THREE weeks late, and her cycles were like clockwork. She wound up with a 9.5lb baby boy, when we were 5 weeks early & on time (5lbs and 7.5 lbs). It cracks me up how many people say that later babies are late, even when early babies arrive on time.

It sounds excruciating to wait, especially when you're so over being pg at this point. Hugs and praying for a speedy labor in the perfect time!

ncat
08-18-2013, 03:27 PM
DS#2 was 11 excruciating days late. DD and DS#1 were also late, but less than a week. Hang in there!

Tondi G
08-18-2013, 05:58 PM
I can only imagine how badly you want to issue that eviction notice! I highly recommend seeing an acupuncturist. It worked for me for DS2!

TxCat
08-18-2013, 11:58 PM
I was hoping today would be the day for you! Too bad you couldn't have "shared" some of your extra time with me!

I agree with everyone else - try to get out and do stuff you won't be able to do easily soon - see a movie, get a foot/hand massage, cuddle with your older two, etc. I love all of my newborn snuggles right now, but I had forgotten how housebound you are to an extent with a newborn, especially now that there is a measles outbreak/warning in my state. So, get out nd about while you can!

Oh, and FWIW, one of my residency classmates was 8 days late with her FOURTH kid! She ended up having to get induced - go figure.

Gena
08-19-2013, 12:19 AM
I only have one child, but he was 10 days late, so I understand about wanting pregnancy to be over.
I felt like I was going to end up as an 80 year old woman with a 50 year old fetus.

KpbS
08-19-2013, 12:53 AM
There's a full moon Aug. 20th and a friend who works L&D swears they have so many more births when there is a full moon. Who knows, but it might be? :) Hope you get to meet your little one soon!

TwoBees
08-19-2013, 08:29 AM
:hugs:
I hope you get to meet your LO soon!

georgiegirl
08-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the support. I'm still pregnant. Hopefully it won't be much longer. Last night I had more prodromal labor.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-19-2013, 01:46 PM
eek, so sorry.

i really cannot imagine being pregnant past 39 weeks, it must be so miserable! i never made it that far and even then i felt so horrible at the end..coudn't sleep, super uncomfortable. my ds was 38 weeks and my dd was 34 weeks. in my ds case my OB stripped my membranes and i went into labor that night. dd was total surprise. even in her case though, despite knowing the chances of NICu stay were really high, i was happy wehn i went into labor bc i was so glad to not be pregnant any more!!

hope you get to meet baby soon!!

AnnieW625
08-19-2013, 04:46 PM
I had my membranes stripped (at 4 pm) with DD2 at 38 weeks 5 days and my water broke at 11 pm that night, she was born at 8:30 am. I went home and did some yardwork so that might have helped as well.

Friends of mine swear by using an exercise ball as well.

georgiegirl
08-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Just had my appointment with NST and BBP. Baby looks perfect with an estimated weight of 8.10 (my other two were 6.15 and 7.1 on their due dates.). The OB was very nice and matter of fact about going overdue. He didnt seem to think that anything worked and just said to relax and conserve my energy. i asked him to sweep my membranes, but the exam wasnt that uncomfortable. For some reason, I feel much better about things. I also went to prenatal yoga too.

bisous
08-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Just had my appointment with NST and BBP. Baby looks perfect with an estimated weight of 8.10 (my other two were 6.15 and 7.1 on their due dates.). The OB was very nice and matter of fact about going overdue. He didnt seem to think that anything worked and just said to relax and conserve my energy. i asked him to sweep my membranes, but the exam wasnt that uncomfortable. For some reason, I feel much better about things. I also went to prenatal yoga too.

I'm glad you feel at peace. Hope you have some exciting news soon! :)

citymama
08-20-2013, 02:08 AM
This baby is going to be worth the wait! He is going to be here before you know it and everything will be turned upside down, so enjoy a little rest while you can get it! Don't forget to stay well hydrated. Look forward to hearing the birth announcement soon! :)

sarahsthreads
08-21-2013, 07:09 AM
Was thinking of you at 2:30 this morning when I was trying to decide if my contractions were coordinated or patterned enough to be the start of actual labor and remembering that it was a full (and *blue*) moon and thinking hmm...maybe tonights' the night for both of us? We could have BBB twins! But my little guy seems more than content to stay in there and just make it difficult to sleep.

Hope you're either snuggling your little one or keeping comfortable!

TwoBees
08-21-2013, 08:47 AM
I've been thinking of you too. Please update when you can!

citymama
08-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Was thinking of you at 2:30 this morning when I was trying to decide if my contractions were coordinated or patterned enough to be the start of actual labor and remembering that it was a full (and *blue*) moon and thinking hmm...maybe tonights' the night for both of us? We could have BBB twins! But my little guy seems more than content to stay in there and just make it difficult to sleep.

Hope you're either snuggling your little one or keeping comfortable!

Oh wow, Sarah, how exciting! You keep us posted too!

I'm hoping the op's silence in the last couple of days means she is distracted with more important things such as giving birth! Can't wait to hear both your news!