PDA

View Full Version : Bed guard rails

DualvansMommy
08-21-2013, 11:29 AM
so we'll be staying at our rental house down the shore for a week, same place we stayed last year with DS. Then, he slept in his travel Bjorn crib and plan on bringing that as a backup for this year's stay. However, he is quite tall at 34" and may be just bit too small for the travel crib...not sure, as he hadn't slept in there since jan this year.

our rental has a bunk bed with the bottom bed quite low to the ground already, so i'm thinking of putting DS to sleep there. My concern is him falling off it, as he's quite the active sleeper.

Best recommendation for easy to install guard rail onto a bunk bed bottom bed??

cagey
08-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Don't bother with bed rails--buy a pool noodle and shove it under the mattress pad. Bonus--they're cheap at the shore and you can play with it later, or just leave behind!

TwoBees
08-21-2013, 02:29 PM
How low is low? You could also put spare pillows or a folded comforter on the floor on each side of the bed in case he does fall off. But the pool noodle idea is better.

SoCalMommy
08-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Don't bother with bed rails--buy a pool noodle and shove it under the mattress pad. Bonus--they're cheap at the shore and you can play with it later, or just leave behind!

:yeahthat:

Simon
08-23-2013, 01:49 PM
When we travel, I often just use extra pillows on the open ends and I place a few chairs with their backs to the bed to keep them in place or maybe a low coffee table. We have a pool noodle at home under the sheet and I know that my kid would roll right over it. YMMV. Our noodle just blocks the space next to the wall.

AJP
08-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Pool noodle has worked for us when DS refused to sleep in the PnP at my family's beach house.

kaharris83
08-23-2013, 08:37 PM
My only advice with the pool noodle is if you have a curious DC don't put it in when they are watching. My DS1 saw me put it in there and wouldn't leave it alone after that.