PDA

View Full Version : That is all you had to say?????

FTMLuc
08-21-2013, 11:44 AM
I tell DH that I have good news, my promotion at work was approved and what do you think he says to me? "Congratulations" "Well deserved" "I am proud of you" Nope! Nothing of the sort. The first sentence that comes out of his mouth after I tell him my news is "How much?" and then you wonder why our marriage has hit the rocky shore. Oy. At least my promotion is merit based and has to be earned, unlike yours, dear DH, which by the way you still don't have but keep telling everyone that you will get next year, that is given based on seniority. and I worked my butt off to earn this, and today I have an extremely high level briefing that I was thrown into at the last minute b/c the person who was supposed to do it could not handle it and had a meltdown. Did I mention that the panel being briefed has already nixed the idea once? and they will dig under every argument? and I will be the only woman in the room? and the brand new COO will be there, so first impressions and all that for me. Yeah, thanks for your support DH.

boogiemomz
08-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Wow, that sucks. He definitely should have been more excited for you and supportive of you facing growing responsibilities at work. Perhaps he is jealous/feels threatened that you are being rewarded on a performance basis and he apparently isn't? Still, no excuse. I'm sorry. :hug:

On the other hand, CONGRATULATIONS! Sounds like you are at least appreciated at work! Way to go, rockstar! :bighand:

hellokitty
08-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Congrats on your promotion! As for your dh, I'm sorry that his reaction was so cold. FWIW, my dh would probably have a similar attitude. He is one of those types who won't do anything extra at work, if he isn't paid for it. So, a non-$ related type of promotion would seem not worth it to him (we have been down this road before with his job, and he refuses to be, "chief" if he doesn't get paid extra for it). I hope that he apolgizes to you though, and at least takes you out to a nice dinner to celebrate!

Ceepa
08-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Congratulations on the promotion! You deserve praise from DH not financial discussion. Sorry he's acting like a dope. He almost sounds competitive with you.

Philly Mom
08-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Congrats! Sounds like an awesome well earned position. I agree with PP that your DH sounds competitive.

MamaSnoo
08-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Congratulations!!!! Sometimes DHs just don't get it....:shake: