PDA

View Full Version : Insult on top of injury

DietCokeLover
08-22-2013, 11:26 PM
A man who apparently knows my father in law came in to our business today. He asks about him, then leans over the counter and gestures toward my stomach and says, "So, what are we having?" It took all I had to calmly reply to him that I was not expecting. To which he said, "oh, well, you look like you are" and then continued to dig a much deeper hole. He then said, "I guess I didn't win any points with you". I told him he was correct. I bit my tongue... A lot. And then cried .... A lot.

Now.... I would like to say here, what I wanted to say. "I am not pregnant jerk. My mother, who I adored, just died on Sunday and I have been caring for her for several months, so yes, exercise and dieting have been put on hold for a while. Also, as if this isn't enough, my period showed up today and I feel like my midsection is bloated like a blimp. So, get your rude &@$ out of my face and never ever speak to a woman that way again."

Absolutely ruined my day.

Kymberley
08-22-2013, 11:29 PM
:hug: I'm sorry. What a jerk.

Simon
08-22-2013, 11:36 PM
:hug: I am very sorry for his rudeness. I hope your FIL or someone who knows better gives him an earful on your behalf.

queenmama
08-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Oh, man. For any woman on an average day this would cut to the bone. Not fair for crap to be heaped onto you right now with what you're going through. :( I'm so sorry. I agree that your FIL needs to give him a what-for.

Lara

bisous
08-22-2013, 11:50 PM
All I can say is that idiots abound. I'm sorry you had to run into one today of all days. Truly, that is beyond obnoxious!

KpbS
08-23-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm so sorry! What on earth?!? :angry-smiley-005:

crl
08-23-2013, 12:03 AM
:hug: I am sorry you had to deal with that idiot.

Catherine

elektra
08-23-2013, 12:03 AM
What an idiot. That really sucks, I am sorry!

MontrealMum
08-23-2013, 12:09 AM
:grouphug: What an idiot! I am so very sorry. I'm sure that even with what you described, you don't look pregnant. He just needs his vision - and his mouth - checked. Talk about a lack of filter.

TwinFoxes
08-23-2013, 12:16 AM
I am so sorry. What an a$$.

BunnyBee
08-23-2013, 12:31 AM
WTF? That guy is a jackass! I'm so sorry. :hug:

Sweetum
08-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Sorry you had to hear that.
I like the line in sex and the city - se had a baby, what is your excuse?

Globetrotter
08-23-2013, 02:16 AM
What a jerk! :6:

I'm so sorry for your loss..

goldenpig
08-23-2013, 02:21 AM
:6:What a stupid insensitive jerk!
I'm so sorry for your loss! :hug:

MMMommy
08-23-2013, 03:10 AM
What an idiot. I am sorry he hurt you, especially when you were feeling down.

liz
08-23-2013, 07:18 AM
yup, he's an a$$h@l* and I bet he's like that all the time. I am sorry you had to come across such a jerk at this time :hug::hug:

♥ms.pacman♥
08-23-2013, 08:03 AM
OMG! i would have wanted to say what you wrote here...that guy deserves to be taught a lesson!!

that is so wrong. i am so sorry. that must really really hurt on top of everything else you are deal with. :(

boogiemomz
08-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Good grief. People are so absurdly idiotic. I'm so sorry he said that to you.

I have had you on my heart this week as you are grieving the loss of your mom. It sickens me that someone's tactless ignorance made you feel even for a second like you had to justify anything about your lifestyle to anybody right now. You are perfect, you are beautiful, you are coping with an incredible loss the best you can. Forget him.

Mommy_Mea
08-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Sorry you had to hear that.
I like the line in sex and the city - se had a baby, what is your excuse?

:yeahthat: sorry he was such a jacka$$ :-(

tabegle
08-23-2013, 10:07 AM
What a jerk! And what restraint you have for not saying all that! (even if he did deserve it) You are awesome!

123LuckyMom
08-23-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm so sorry that happened to you!!! When oh when will the idiots of this world learn that you never, ever, ever ask THAT question.

mackmama
08-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Oh I am so so sorry. Like that's what you needed. Don't let him get to you, and don't let a random fool take away the power and self-love you need right now. You know exactly what's going on for yourself and all you need to give yourself right now is love and acceptance. These words are sounding a bit new-agey but I do mean them but in a non-new-agey way. ;)

SnuggleBuggles
08-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Jacka$$ Btdt (and complained about it here last year!). People should keep their trap shut!

BabyBearsMom
08-23-2013, 12:40 PM
So sorry ths happened to you. This happened to me a couple of month ago at the nail salon. The woman doing my pedicure said "when is the baby due?" I looked at her and said "She was born 14 months ago. That is not a polite question. Please do not ask people that unless you are completely positive that they are pregnant." She started trying to apologize and say that I remind her of a client who is pregnant and she got confused, I just said "please stop, this isn't making it any better." I then had to find a new nail salon...

mytwosons
08-23-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm so sorry about your mom.

The guy is an idiot.

Indianamom2
08-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Wow what a complete jerk!

I am so very sorry. I hope someone comes along today who completely makes up for his stupidity with their kindness. :hug:

hellokitty
08-23-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry, that sucks. The guy's a jerk. Please don't take him seriously. I'm so sorry about your mom. :hug:

maybeebaby08
08-23-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm sorry for the loss of your Mother, and sorry that you encountered such an idiot today.

petesgirl
08-23-2013, 02:02 PM
I can't believe there are idiots out there who still ask women if they pregnant! Guess that's one of the first lessons I will be teaching my kids--don't ask, wait for her to bring it up!!

ahisma
08-23-2013, 02:42 PM
I've had that happen too. I went into a local clothing boutique that I was already intimidated to walk into. They showed me to the maternity section. My youngest was 9 months old. I just stood there and stammered about being in grad school, having to be sedentary to study...and basically ran out of there. I've never been back in, although I walk by it almost daily (it's between the elementary school and the grocery store)

MamaSnoo
08-23-2013, 04:25 PM
A poop on his head!

Dumba$$

StantonHyde
08-23-2013, 05:26 PM
My response in this order:
1. Big hugs to you
2. #*%@%^@ to him
3. Another hug for you
4. Tell him NEVER EVER comment on a woman's stomach unless it is so far out she is leaning backward/looks like she is about to pop any minute
5. Lots of hugs for you, and a tissue.

I lost my mom when I was 41. It has been 7 years now. I adored her, she was my best friend. I am now stuck with my dad. I can promise you that it does get better with time. This was the first year that I did just fine with her death anniversary date. I have moved into acceptance. Make sure you see a grief counselor or whatever it is that you do for yourself. And be very gentle with yourself. Remember, she has prepared you in ways that you cannot even imagine for events that you cannot foresee. When the sh!t hits the fan and you dig deep to recover, that is her strength with you. Every day as you parent, you are honoring your mother. Again, I promise it eventually gets better.

ZeeBaby
08-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Total jerk. So sorry you had to deal with that.

joonbug
08-24-2013, 09:40 AM
So sorry! What a jerk :(. Hope karma gets him

Seitvonzu
08-24-2013, 11:26 AM
omgoodness!what a terrible person :( i'm so sorry for your loss. be gentle to yourself and forget that fool!