PDA

View Full Version : ISO of jeans that don't create a pooch where there isn't one...

jerseygirl07067
08-23-2013, 04:01 AM
One thing I am fortunate of, is that I don't have a post baby pooch. My midsection is thicker overall than I'd like it to be, but my stomach is fairly flat from the side. The problem is, I often like to wear shirts and tops over my jeans and when I do, the bulkiness of the jeans underneath makes it look like I have a pooch when I don't, due to the thickness of the denim. It drives me nuts. This happens mostly with denim jeans and shorts. Are there brands that are "sleeker" in the waist area and less bulky so this pooch effect doesn't happen?

It's not an issue if I wear looser fitting tops, but if I wear a fitted tee for example, or summer tank tops, this happens. Sigh....

cookiemonster80
08-23-2013, 09:44 PM
I don't know- don't have that problem!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

specialp
08-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Not sure about this problem. What brands of jeans are you wearing now? Do you think a lower rise would help so there is less material around the belly? (Wouldn't help me- I've got the pooch!).

SnuggleBuggles
08-23-2013, 10:04 PM
I was thinking rise experimenting might be in order.

TwinFoxes
08-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Why don't you just tuck in your shirt?

jerseygirl07067
08-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Not sure about this problem. What brands of jeans are you wearing now? Do you think a lower rise would help so there is less material around the belly? (Wouldn't help me- I've got the pooch!).

I actually wear low rise and I've tried different rises, they all do the same. I wear mostly Gap Jeans and Old Navy. I do have some skinny jeans from Kohls and Calvin Klein skinnies, they don't do it quite as much, due to their tighter fitting style, (they are stretch)

jerseygirl07067
08-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Why don't you just tuck in your shirt?

Because I look ridiculous, ala early 90's. I have very long legs and short torso, so wearing tops that are tucked in just makes it look even worse.

twowhat?
08-24-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm having a hard time visualizing the problem! Have you tried a higher rise? Is the denim pushing your midsection up and creating a bulge? I have an actual bulge and higher-rise works for me (I still get a bulge, but the higher rise holds in most of it but I still do have to be careful with the types of tops I wear).

specialp
08-24-2013, 12:08 PM
I actually wear low rise and I've tried different rises, they all do the same. I wear mostly Gap Jeans and Old Navy. I do have some skinny jeans from Kohls and Calvin Klein skinnies, they don't do it quite as much, due to their tighter fitting style, (they are stretch)

Maybe try Jag pull on jeans (http://www.zappos.com/jag-jeans-women-jeans/CKvXARDI1wFSAr8RwAEB4gIEAgEYCg.zso?s=recentSales/desc/). Someone here suggested them for PP and I wore them for a month PP to get me to when I could fit into my regular jeans, but because they are pull on, they don't have the zipper that creates extra bulk. I recall having to really size down, but they did look good.

mikala
08-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Maybe try Jag pull on jeans (http://www.zappos.com/jag-jeans-women-jeans/CKvXARDI1wFSAr8RwAEB4gIEAgEYCg.zso?s=recentSales/desc/). Someone here suggested them for PP and I wore them for a month PP to get me to when I could fit into my regular jeans, but because they are pull on, they don't have the zipper that creates extra bulk. I recall having to really size down, but they did look good.

Yeah that. Target also had some pull on denim with an elastic waist last year that was really smooth under clothes and great with boots. They were Denizen brand but I haven't looked for them recently. .

crl
08-24-2013, 03:38 PM
You could try the half tuck, very on trend right now. Or shirts that tie at the mid-section.

I think jeans are just automatically bulky in the front because denim is a thick fabric and you have several layers at the fly.

Catherine