PDA

View Full Version : Which toddler board for Versa and Snap 4?

abemom
08-25-2013, 05:10 PM
My 3 yr, old decided he doesn't like to walk more than a few minutes. Which toddler board works well for both these strollers?

Thanks.

kaharris83
08-25-2013, 05:15 PM
No idea of the BJ board works for the Snap4 but it works great for the Versa.

ebp913
08-26-2013, 10:12 AM
I always hear really good things about the Valco Hitchhiker.

abemom
09-11-2013, 09:46 PM
I tried the BJ board and it wasn't comfortable for me on the Versa, and it didn't fit the Snap 4 due to the brake bar being in the way. I bought the Hitchhiker, and it's good for the Versa, but there's no space for the parent console now. However it doesn't seem to fit the Snap 4. It needs vertical bars, and the Snap frame is at an angle. Is there a way to make it work?

(Valco's 800 # works only in the US, not Canada, and I don't think the Canadian branch has as much experience. I'll need a family member to call them, and see if they'll give us a local #, so I can try to call. I'm wondering though if anyone here has a suggestion.)

Any other board that might work?

(I didn't think strollers and accessories would be this difficult.)

Thanks again.

legaleagle
09-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I'd post on Valco's fb page or email them, they're pretty good about responding. Is your hitchhiker the newest model?

abemom
09-12-2013, 12:34 PM
It's from 2012.

abemom
09-12-2013, 06:30 PM
UPDATE:

I spoke to Valco, and it can be put on at a slight angle. They provide directions. With regards to fit: My 3 yr. old can't stand straight bec. the handle is in the way. It extends out a lot further than the bottom of the stroller. He's small, so can fit - just, just, no room to spare - inside the handle with the hood extending over the baby, not when it's upright, and the seat also can't be totally flat. He figured he can sit on the board facing forward with his feet in the basket. I don't think that's too safe though.

My 5 yr. old fits fine, bec. he's taller, but still not the ideal fit. However, he won't be the one riding it. Spare connectors can be bought for $25, so the board can be clipped easily on and off between strollers.