PDA

View Full Version : I think I hit 2013 items in just 2 weekends

niccig
08-26-2013, 01:05 AM
I haven't gone through DS's things in over a year. Last weekend it was his clothes and books. This weekend it was the toys. I've thrown out 4 hefty bags, 10 hefty bags for donation and have a HUGE pile of books to see if the school wants as a donation. He has so.much.stuff - it's embarrassing what we still had that no longer fits or is for a much younger child. DH and DS pitched in to help as I couldn't have done it on my own. DS was very good with deciding what to donate.

DH went through the pile of paperwork that was a mix of 2012 and 2013 as he hasn't filed anything in over a year. He's now filing by month - all the bills paid in August go in a monthly file etc. I'm hoping he can stick to this system to cut down on the piles of paper around the house.

And we still have sooooo much to do. Tomorrow I have to pack up my lecture notes from Spring to make space for classes that I start on Tuesday. Still have my clothes and the garage (suggested to DH that we spend time in there over labor day weekend). DH's closet and side of the room is an absolute mess, but that's not my responsibility.

Hopefully we can be better with putting things away and donating as no longer use/fit item. I just want to be able to find clothes to wear, toys for DS, books to read and bills to pay without getting a shovel and digging in!