PDA

View Full Version : Mattress pads for QuickZip crib sheets?

WaLu
08-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Twins are on their way for Jan/Feb 2014, and we've been weighing the QuickZip crib sheet approach against the traditional crib sheet approach. We like the idea of the QuickZip, but if we go with a fitted mattress pad, it seems like it might defeat the purpose. The accompanying Clouds and Stars mattress pad gets pretty uniformly terrible reviews though. Has anyone found a good reliable flat crib sheet that works well with the QuickZip? I guess waterproof and stays in place are the two requisities, right?

We're also open to advice that migt convince that us with a waterproof mattress (we're leaning towards the Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Dual Firmness All Foam Crib Mattress, which has a waterproof nylon cover) that a mattress pad is overkill; or that we should just go the traditional sheet route.

Thanks in advance.

mikala
08-26-2013, 01:26 PM
No experience with the quick zip but I just layered an extra sheet and thin pad over the first set. In the middle of the night it was easy to strip off the top layer of sheet and pad.

mamamir
08-27-2013, 12:42 AM
I've had the QuickZip sheets for 3 years and I love it! At first, I had a fitted mattress pad with it and you're right, it is cumbersome. I think any flat mattress pad will do. I have one that is slightly long but it works--it's just not as smooth around the edges but it fits. I'm not sure which one I got, but it was similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Waterproof-Length-White/dp/B004GJXM0G/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1377578218&sr=8-13&keywords=flat+crib+mattress+pad

light-castle
09-04-2013, 09:49 AM
I loved my quick zip sheets. I used a skirted mattress pad & put a flat mattress pad over the top. That seemed to help it not move, then all I did was wash the flat pad and the sheet. Really easy.

lakefr
01-17-2014, 08:20 PM
This thread convinced me to buy the zip sheets. I can't wait! I bought two flat mattress pads to go with it. Is that enough?