PDA

View Full Version : ISO Junior Chair

JanBaby
08-26-2013, 04:04 PM
We have an Ikea Junior Chair for DD which I love and want to get something similar for DS. The problem with the Ikea ones is that none of them have arms and DS needs to be a bit more constrained. He loves sitting in his sister's chair but since the seat is so high off the ground, I don't trust him there. If there was something with arms that would slide under the table, he would be happy as can be.

I'm not interested in a Tripp Trap or Keekaroo, just a relatively inexpensive junior chair. Has anyone seen one out there?

Thanks!

lizzywednesday
08-27-2013, 01:15 PM
My brother & SIL have this for their DS1; it might be a workable solution 'til you can trust your DS:

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Seat-Infant-Stripes/dp/B0053ZD2IY/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1377623685&sr=1-1&keywords=chair+harness

candaceb
08-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Do you have a dining chair that you could put the ever-popular FP healthy care booster on? DS is still sitting on his booster at age 3 though he doesn't need to be strapped in any more. The other alternative would be to check antique shops - my MIL has a few junior chairs that are ancient and they all have arms.

JanBaby
08-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Do you have a dining chair that you could put the ever-popular FP healthy care booster on? DS is still sitting on his booster at age 3 though he doesn't need to be strapped in any more. The other alternative would be to check antique shops - my MIL has a few junior chairs that are ancient and they all have arms.

We were just at a relative's house and they had what was definitely an old chair with arms but it was in great shape. I would love to find one just like it but don't have time to look. Maybe I can jimmy rig one from Ikea.

JanBaby
09-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Just wanted to come back in case anyone was interested! I ended up getting a restaurant high chair - I think it's going to work great. It's table height and I can remove the front and even the sides when he's ready. $40 and you can find them lots of places online.