PDA

View Full Version : Help me find jersey/knit jeans for DGD1 that do NOT have buttons inside the wai

NCGrandma
08-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Even though 9-y.o. DGD1 has outgrown the worst of her sensory issues, she still prefers 'soft' clothes and doesn't like jeans. She doesn't really need jeans but they'd give her more variety and might wear better. When I visited recently, I told her about the Mini Boden and Hanna jersey jeans, and she was interested. However, she told me that she can't stand adjustable-waist pants with buttons inside the waistband. Naturally both MB and HA have those...

Any other suggestions? She wears a size 12 in most brands, and usually gets regular sizes but slims might be better depending on style.

KrystalS
08-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Justice has them. Make sure you look at the knit versions, they have regular jeans & color. I would link them but I'm on my phone. There was a thread a few days ago about them.

Indianamom2
08-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Kohls has some soft pull-on legging-like jeans without the adjustable waist. I want to say they are the SO brand, or something like that.

SummerBaby
08-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Justice does not have adjustable waistbands anymore. Also, I saw some elastic waist jeggings at the Gap. Gymboree also had some- I believe they go up to size 12, but maybe only online

npace19147
08-26-2013, 11:06 PM
Target had some when we were there today, in with their mix and match leggings. My DD1 used to live in their leggings, suddenly they've gotten too tight and itchy and now she will only wear yoga pants. I was eyeing the jeggings longingly but knew they would never fly!

ETA: I can't believe I just used the phrase "eyeing jeggings longingly" - even if it was for my daughter and not me!

Tondi G
09-01-2013, 01:57 AM
My DS hated those adjustable waist buttons too. I just cut them off!

lizzywednesday
09-01-2013, 09:31 PM
OshKosh jeggings & leggings are smooth inside (no adjustable waist) but their jeans have them all the way up to sz 12.

Would maybe wearing a long camisole under her top be an option to help with the adjustable waistband in other brands?

melwe
09-01-2013, 10:52 PM
These are the Justice jeans. I posted the thread about them. I ordered them for my daughter and they just have a drawstring at the top. No inside buttons or anything. DD instantly loved them. You should be able to find them in her size there.

http://www.shopjustice.com/girls-clothing/knit-waist-skinny-jeans/4661018/605