PDA

View Full Version : HPT turned postive after 10 min mark?

AshleyAnn
08-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Question on behalf of a friend - she took a pregnancy test Saturday afternoon and thought she maybe saw an extremely faint line when she first took it but it faded after the dye settled and couldn't really be seen at the 2 minute mark. She left it on the counter and went to work then spent the night at her boyfriends house. When she got home the next day there was a clear line. She immediately took a 2nd test (not FMU) and again it looked positive for a second but also turned negative. She kept them both side by side and the 2nd test hasn't turned positive. It would be extremely early for a positive if she's correct on when she ovulated. She doesn't think it means anything but I've never had a negative turn on me so I disagree and she's refusing to pee on another even though she has the symptoms.

I've taken many pregnancy tests (same brand - target generics) and have never had a negative turn positive so I'm curious what the BBB experience has been. Is this common or is she possibly pregnant?

Sorry for any typos - typing on a "smart"phone that's not so smart

AshleyAnn
08-27-2013, 03:22 PM
I've seen both tests and one definitely has an obvious line.

AngB
08-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Question on behalf of a friend - she took a pregnancy test Saturday afternoon and thought she maybe saw an extremely faint line when she first took it but it faded after the dye settled and couldn't really be seen at the 2 minute mark. She left it on the counter and went to work then spent the night at her boyfriends house. When she got home the next day there was a clear line. She immediately took a 2nd test (not FMU) and again it looked positive for a second but also turned negative. She kept them both side by side and the 2nd test hasn't turned positive. It would be extremely early for a positive if she's correct on when she ovulated. She doesn't think it means anything but I've never had a negative turn on me so I disagree and she's refusing to pee on another even though she has the symptoms.

I've taken many pregnancy tests (same brand - target generics) and have never had a negative turn positive so I'm curious what the BBB experience has been. Is this common or is she possibly pregnant?

Sorry for any typos - typing on a "smart"phone that's not so smart

If the second test-a day later- was negative and stayed negative she's probably not pregnant. Some tests-esp blue dye ones- can give off evap lines that aren't true positives. Can she call her doctor and ask for a blood test?

specialp
08-27-2013, 03:40 PM
I would consider it an evaporation line, but retest. She has to be close to her period being due so if it doesn't come, she'll be convinced to restest then!

SnuggleBuggles
08-27-2013, 03:57 PM
I've had the evaporation line happen before. I was not pregnant.