PDA

View Full Version : Where do things GO??!!

Twoboos
08-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Things that shouldn't easily disappear - where do they go??

DD1 has had a dress for 2 years that she looooves. It's 2 sizes too small and she still manages to squeeze herself in - she's skinny and the dress should be mid-shin length but it's to her knees now. DD2 has been coveting this dress since DD1 got it.

She just wore the dress maybe a month (+/-) ago. At that point I said it was almost time to pass it along. She whined, but agreed "soon."

Last night I got DD1 two new dresses, with the caveat that she had to give The Dress to DD2. She readily agreed.

The dress is no where to be found. WTH!!!!! I'm hoping she squirreled it away somewhere so she wouldn't have to hand it down, and forgot where she put it. WHY does this happen??!! Now DD2 is devastated (and adds this to her list of how things are NOT FAIR), I'm annoyed and DD1 is going along her merry two-new-dresses way. UGH!!

Calling St. Anthony...

Globetrotter
08-28-2013, 11:49 AM
This has happened to us! It usually turns out to be left over at a friend's place after a sleepover or hidden in a backpack (if she needed to change clothes for sports or dance and left it in there) or sometimes even in the back of her closet if it fell off a hanger!

Twoboos
09-01-2013, 11:09 AM
This dress is still missing. I am so stuck on finding it, I had a dream about it the other night!

And now, DD2 got a new dress as a gift. She tried it on here at home. She never left the house. She can't find the dress. GAH!! :banghead: This one I know has to be here, but really?!?

Twoboos
09-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Yay, they are both back! DD2's dress was at the bottom of her laundry basket (I thought she looked there already - we were ripping the house apart!). DD1's dress was in a box at the back of her closet. With a bunch of other clothes that I hadn't seen in a while. Which she threw in there weeks ago instead of putting them away like I had asked her to do. I am NOT happy.

But I am happy they have not mysteriously walked off! :)

Globetrotter
09-01-2013, 01:00 PM
:jammin: Glad you found them!! Now can you tell me what happened to dd's new capris, the ones she never even wore? :p

Twoboos
09-01-2013, 01:17 PM
:jammin: Glad you found them!! Now can you tell me what happened to dd's new capris, the ones she never even wore? :p

Well, I'd check the bottom of the laundry basket (if they were tried on and automatically thrown in there) and various "squirrel" spots, LOL. ;)

It is so maddening! GL finding them!