PDA

View Full Version : DH take car of your own car

westwoodmom04
08-28-2013, 06:24 PM
DH got a flat late last night after work and left his car at work. He had free roadside assistance but didn't call them until this morning. I drove him to work at rush hour (took 1 hour) with him complaining the whole time that I didn't drive fast enough. I told him to make sure he got his car back by tonight. Around 1, when car still not fixed, told him to get a ride home from work from neighborhood friend or take a cab. He refused to go with friend, saying friend left too early and didn't want to miss some totally non-mandatory meetings. Car still not done at closing time and now dh wants me to drop everything and pick him up at work (kids are doing homework, I'm making dinner, etc. . .). I told him to take the cab, like he said he would. Now, he is mad and acting pissy.

eagle
08-28-2013, 07:32 PM
sorry, your dh is a big boy now. and he has free roadside assistance. i certainly wouldnt take his acting mad and pissy.

crl
08-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Not cool. Sorry he can't get his act together and is being pissy about it.

Catherine

westwoodmom04
08-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks, the tough love seems to have worked, as he made arrangements to go to and fro with neighbor.

BunnyBee
08-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Free roadside assistance and he wants you to drag around cranky children two plus hours? Ha!!! No.

niccig
08-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Free roadside assistance and he wants you to drag around cranky children two plus hours? Ha!!! No.

No way would I drag DS out for that..And why couldn't he have changed to spare tyre himself?

KrisM
08-29-2013, 08:24 AM
No way would I drag DS out for that..And why couldn't he have changed to spare tyre himself?

I agree!

westwoodmom04
08-29-2013, 08:56 AM

That is the one thing that isn't his fault -- the car has run flat tires and no spare, but were not "runnable" when flat. Dh always takes horrible care of his cars. In the past, I have stepped in because we owned the car, and I didn't want to waste the investment. This one is leased and I am determined not to lift a finger for it (did I mention he also gets free loaners even for basic maintenance visits, really there are no excuses).