PDA

View Full Version : Another CL jogging stroller question - mountain buggy terrain

wangstar
08-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Don't know much about MB, especially for joggers (I know people here swear by BOB).

Found one on CL for 300, it seems like they're throwing in everything plus the kitchen sink, good price???

kaharris83
08-29-2013, 07:41 PM
The problem I have found with MBs is they don't hold their value for resale. I am in a very active CL area and around here they sit and sit and sit and people have to practically give them away. As far as push and utility compared to BOB I'm not sure. I have never had one but someone should come along with experience with them I'm sure.

hapimommy
09-13-2013, 08:20 PM
I love mountain buggies. I just bought a terrain too, and really love it. I have owned most of the mountain buggy line, except the duet and the swift. The resale value is not as good as bobs, but I have found that bobs are starting to go on sale more and more now, so my cl prices are dropping on them. I also owned a bob revolution for a while, but I really missed the standing fold, deeper recline, and adjustable handle of mountain buggies, so I sold my revolution to purchase a mountain buggy urban single. They are built very well, and the terrain has a handbrake that the revolution does not have. The push on mountain buggies are also very nice. I use the duo with my 4.5 year old (45 pounds) and my 2.5 year old (25 pounds) for all day excursions.

abemom
09-17-2013, 10:20 PM
A few friends have the MB Double, and are very happy with it.

daniele_ut
09-19-2013, 09:42 AM
I have loved my double Mountain Buggies and I tried in vain to find a really good deal on a Terrain but ended up with a BOB Rev instead when I was able to get one new from Target for $240. I agree with PP that BOBs are dropping in price now that Britax owns them. I also agree that resale on MB is not that strong but if you get a decent deal on it in the first place you should be fine. I bought my Urban Jungle Double when DD was a baby for around $350 on a super clearance sale and I expect it will sell for $200-250 after 5 years of use.

KLD313
09-19-2013, 09:07 PM
I love Mountain Buggy, I have three and they all push well. I don't think that's a bad price, offer less and see what happens.