PDA

View Full Version : If you take LoEstrin 24 FE...Heads Up

Indianamom2
08-30-2013, 12:02 PM
I have taken LoEstrin 24 Fe for several years now (maybe almost 4 years). Love it. Had no problems with it.

Today, I went to get my refill at Walgreens (I am completely out today), and they informed me that they didn't have any and that it had been discontinued by the manufacturer! Thankfully there is another Walgreens about a half hour away that does still have a small supply, otherwise I would have been up a creek without a paddle with TERRIBLE timing as we are going on vacation in 3 weeks.

But heads up....if you take this Rx, check with your pharmacy/doctor because if what I was told is true, you might have a hard time getting your Rx filled.

momtoonegirl
08-30-2013, 06:11 PM
I just went through this with Walgreens pharamacy this past weekend. I'm kind of sad, and I wonder why they stopped making them. I loved these pills since I was able to tolerate them without significant side effects, and now I am wondering what my OB/GYN is going to replace them with. They contacted her office, and my Rx just got filled today. Hopefully, the replacement will be ok (fingers crossed).

speo
08-30-2013, 07:04 PM
FYI. I switched from the Loestrin to Microgestin 9 months ago without any problems. Microgestin is a generic so it was much cheaper for me.

momtoonegirl
08-31-2013, 04:52 PM
My new prescription is for Minastrin 24, by the same company as Loestrin 24, but the main difference between the pills is that the new one is chewable. I guess we'll see what happens.

connor_mommy
08-31-2013, 04:59 PM
I switched from Loestrin 24 to Lo Loestrin a few years ago. You could check into that if you'd like to stay with the same brand.

Tondi G
09-01-2013, 02:07 AM
http://www.minastrin24.com/index.jsp