PDA

View Full Version : menstrual-like cramps

megs4413
08-30-2013, 03:45 PM
That don't have a pattern? I know I should call my doc if I am feeling genuine contractions that are patterned, but what about for these menstrual-like cramps? they're more constant...not really coming and going exactly. And if I didn't know i was preggers, i would be SURE I was getting my period. this is EXACTLY how menstrual cramps feel for me....I've never had this in pregnancy before? Any thoughts? I'm 31ish weeks. not dehydrated or constipated or anything. baby is moving well. just trying to decide if this needs a doc call before they close for the HOLIDAY weekend.

flashy09
08-30-2013, 04:09 PM
That's how my labor started. About 6 hrs of period cramps. I think I would call your office and see what they think and maybe they can put the contraction monitor on you and see if they are real or not.

mikala
08-30-2013, 04:13 PM
My second labor began this way as well. It lasted for about five hours before my water broke and real contractions started at 37 weeks. It wasn't Braxton hicks, had plenty of experience with those throughout pregnancy and this was definitely different.

Indianamom2
08-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Hmmmm, I think I'd rest a lot easier getting that checked out. My first (I went into labor on my own) started with no discernable pattern to the contractions and could have been described that way. Hope everything turns out ok.

Simon
08-30-2013, 10:22 PM
I hope they have gone away by now, but I would call. What you are describing were exactly my symptoms, and my only symptoms at all before PPROM with my first at 34 weeks. Fingers crossed it means absolutely nothing for you, but I would follow up at least by calling to check in.

MamaMolly
08-31-2013, 12:20 AM
I hope it's just really bad gas ;) but I'd also get it checked out. Drink a lot of water and put your feet up. It can't hurt.

Philly Mom
08-31-2013, 08:17 AM
How are you feeling this morning? Any better?

megs4413
08-31-2013, 05:41 PM
How are you feeling this morning? Any better?

Oh thanks for asking! I'm fine. It only lasted for a couple hours and went away. I will keep myself alert for it again, though. Maybe if it happens again, I'll time it and if it lasts an hour solid, I'll call. I didn't realize that it could be a sign of early labor...it's just really outside of my typical experience. I'm carrying this baby TOTALLY differently than I'm used to. She's not always head down (she keeps flipping back and forth) and is VERY high (which is REALLY weird for me...DS was a +2 station at 31 weeks!) so maybe that's why these ctx feel so different? it's weird! i just want to get to term....i'd love to do it not on bedrest, too, but I'll take term any way I can get it.

Thanks for the advice!