PDA

View Full Version : What shoes is your preschool DD wearing this year?

ourbabygirl
09-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Specifically wondering what she wears if you live in a climate with 4 seasons. Last year DD had some Pediped MJs, some Target tennis shoes & then Sketchers Twinkle Toes, and Keen sandals for hot weather. Unfortunately DD is pretty much sizing out of Pedipeds (she'll need about a size 1 this fall), and I don't know what else is out there for nice, cute, versatile kids' shoes. DD is not super girly but her new favorite color is purple. :loveeyes: I've gotten so spoiled in the past, ordering online in the next size up of Pedipeds (DD was pretty much o.k. with whatever I picked), but I may need to take her to Nordstrom or Stride Rite to get fitted and pick something out. I don't know how any other brands run (including tennis shoes), and if her foot is average width or what (Crocs & Keens fit her well).

What is your preschooler or young elementary daughter wearing this year?

Thanks for sharing!

NJ_Mom2011
09-01-2013, 07:00 PM
My preschooler now has 2 pairs of Hello Kitty Keds. I found good deals on them on diapers.com and Amazon. Very cute, but I am worried if they will hold up. My daughter can also still wear Pediped (she has small feet), and is very excited about very shiny purple MJs I bought.

I love and recommend Tsukihoshis, as they are very flexible and washable, but sadly my child is only wearing one set as they are pricey. :-(

BabyBearsMom
09-01-2013, 08:11 PM
DD1 is 3.5. She is wearing Maryjane style sneakers from Stride Rite. They are part of the Disney princess collection (her pick). I like maryjanes because they are easy to put on and she can do them herself. She will also get a pair of dressier shoes and a pair of faux uggs for the fall. In spring and summer she wears maryjane sneakers, crocs and closed toe gladiator sandals (she has keens but refuses to wear them).

mommylamb
09-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Why not stick with pedipeds if you like them? DS1 is 6 years old and I just got him pedipeds flex sneakers for school. We've had really good luck with pedipeds. He wears a size 12.5 or 13 in other shoes, but pedipeds flex run a little small in my opinion, so he's in a size 41 which they say is equivalent to a 13.5.

DS2 also has pedipeds sneakers. He's almost 19 months and has grip and grows.

lizzywednesday
09-01-2013, 09:20 PM
We went to the Stride Rite Outlet last weekend and bought 2 pairs each of sneakers & pearlized brown t-strap Mary Janes. They were BOGO-60%, so I got a decent deal.

For Halloween, I plan to (try and) get her a green pair of Chucks to go with her costume.

We'll also shop for black patent Mary Janes closer to Christmas because I really like the way they look with dressy outfits.

In the summer, she wears Keens or sneakers as she has to have closed-toe shoes for school. I don't buy her anything with an open toe if I can help it.

She has a wide foot, so we've just kind of stuck with SR.

AnnieW625
09-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Well DD1 wears a size 1 shoe now at 7 and these are the shoes she has and we basically just graduated from Pedipeds as well, although she only just wore the dress shoes most recently, but wore a wide range of them from 6 months until she was 5. I found a better deal on Stride Rites this year. Kind of sad, but I still think they are great kids shoes.
Stride Rite Claire Mary Jane (http://www.shoebuy.com/stride-rite-claire/141235)
Nike Revolution 2 in pink/grey/blue (http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/shoes/kids-shoes/athletic-shoes/nike-revolution-2-preschool-girls-athletic-shoes/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002461581&searchTerm=Nike+Revolution+2&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null&catId=SearchResults)
Sketchers Twinkle Toes (I got these from Costco and they don't actually twinkle, which is fine with me, but better yet they were $19--I bought them back in March or April IIRC)

My real preschooler, DD2, 3, is going to be wearing these shoes:
Primigi Mary Janes in black leather (http://www.shoebuy.com/primigi-andes/260110/782096) (they are on sale for toddlers for $40 through tomorrow at ShoeBuy.com, which is the same price as the toddler Stride Rites and DD2's last pair wore like iron. I love them. I just wish they were more reasonably priced, esp. for big kids. They do run a little big though. I got 1s and 1.5s for DD1 and the 1s were big, and the 1.5s were just giant so we went with the Stride Rites.)
New Balance Kids velcro sneakers similar to these (hand me down from DD1) (http://www.newbalance.com/New-Balance-990v3/886863820265,default,pd.html?start=27&cgid=363000)

For Christmas if I decide we want patents or glitter sparkly shoes we'll just go to Payless or Target.