PDA

View Full Version : Crisis Averted!!!

Giantbear
09-03-2013, 09:57 AM
So, DD, wife and i went for dinner Saturday night to a local Italian restaurant. DD was coloring when the waiter came over to tell us the specials:

Wtr: So we have pan seared grouper with a red sauce, spinach and penne

Me: oh, that sounds good.

DD (looking up from her drawing): Daddy, Mr Grouper is here?? I love Mr. Grouper, he's my favorite!!!!

Me: I guess i'll have the chicken parmigiana

sigh.........

kep
09-03-2013, 10:01 AM
LOL! Thanks goodness for quick thinking!

TwoBees
09-03-2013, 10:03 AM
:rotflmao:

Oh, little kiddos. Got to love them. :D We've had some of those situations, where we purposely avoid ordering something that might set off DD in one way or another.

My personal favorite (sarcasm) is this situation (DH does it to me AND I had a waiter do it to me). In the case of the waiter:

Me: She'll have the chicken fingers and M I L K (spelled out). Please do not bring the M I L K until you bring her dinner.

Waiter: Oh, so do you want me to bring her milk now?

Sigh.

I have to admit though, I don't know who Mr. Grouper is!

TwinFoxes
09-03-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't know Mr. Grouper either, but that is hilarious.

TwoBees, my favorite is:
Me: "and they'll both have milk to drink."
Waiter: "Chocolate milk?"
Me: :irked:

BabyBearsMom
09-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Not sure on Mr. Grouper but we had this convo a few weeks ago:
Me: What do you feel like for dinner?
DH: Hmmmm, how about fish?
DD1: Mommy, isn't Nemo a fish?
DH: Better go with the hamburger

ETA: Wait I do know Mr. Grouper. He is the teacher on Bubble Guppies.

crl
09-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Oh the sacrifices we make!

Catherine

Giantbear
09-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Mr. Grouper is the Fish teacher on the Bubble Gupies

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21100000/Mr-Grouper-and-the-Bubble-Guppies-bubble-guppies-21150209-255-175.jpg

egoldber
09-03-2013, 10:23 AM
I don't know who Mr. Grouper is

He's a character on Bubble Guppies. :)

TwoBees, my favorite is:
Me:

Right????????

TwoBees
09-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Mr. Grouper is the Fish teacher on the Bubble Gupies

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21100000/Mr-Grouper-and-the-Bubble-Guppies-bubble-guppies-21150209-255-175.jpg

Thank you!!

TwoBees
09-03-2013, 10:35 AM
I don't know Mr. Grouper either, but that is hilarious.

TwoBees, my favorite is:
Me: :irked:

Oh yeah.

You can instantly tell the waiters/waitresses who have young kids from those who don't.

Giantbear
09-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah.

You can instantly tell the waiters/waitresses who have young kids from those who don't.
At least you are dealing with waitresses. My wife got herself a vanilla milkshake before lunch yesterday and was surprised when dd wanted a taste that turned into a huge drink. sigh....

TwoBees
09-03-2013, 10:49 AM
At least you are dealing with waitresses. My wife got herself a vanilla milkshake before lunch yesterday and was surprised when dd wanted a taste that turned into a huge drink. sigh....

:6: Oy

Although I have to say my DH is like that sometimes...he'll have a snack right before dinner and then wants to know why I am peeved because DD wants some.

hillview
09-03-2013, 12:05 PM
:6: Oy

Although I have to say my DH is like that sometimes...he'll have a snack right before dinner and then wants to know why I am peeved because DD wants some.
:yeahthat:

Waiter brings DS2 a SECOND HUGE OJ without being asked, I sent it back IMMEDIATELY. You can totally tell what waitstaff has kids and who doesn't.

MamaMolly
09-03-2013, 02:08 PM
I've got one:
We were at Panera:

Me: Dolly, what kind of sandwich do you want? Ham or Turkey?
Dolly: Cookie. I want a cookie sandwich.
Me: I'm sure you do but it's not happening.
Cashier: (stupid sing-songy voice) But you CAN have a cookie sandwich after lunch. An icecream cookie sandwich!!
Me: (mocking the stupid sing-songy voice) Oh no she can't! (then regular voice) She'll have a turkey sandwich.

The only thing I can imagine is that the cashier doesn't have kids. What kind of a moron promises a stranger's kid an ice cream sandwich? That isn't even included in a kid's meal, so I'd have to make another purchase? Puhleez.

lkarp
09-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Woohoo for the quick thinking!

DD1 was 2 years old and I took her to a Mediterranean restaurant for the first time. I'm going over the menu telling her all the different things she might like. Here's how the conversation played out:

Me: There's lots of yummy food here. Hummus is yummy -- you can dip your vegetables and pita bread in it. Dolmas are grape leaves with rice inside. Oh! What about the lamb! You'd like the lamb! Lamb is really yummy!

DD1: (lip quivering, tears in here eyes) Laaaambiieee!

Me: (thinking to myself) Cr@p! I"m an idiot. DD1's lovie is a stuffed lamb.

Crisis definitely NOT diverted in my case!

vonfirmath
09-03-2013, 04:47 PM
In defense of the waiters and waitresses involved... Not every kid melts down like this?

It wouldn't occur to me to change what I was going to eat for fear of my kid's reaction because that is one problem we just haven't had! (Either of them thinking food is related to a beloved stuffed animal/favorite characters from DVD/book.) I hope I'd catch that you were spelling and spell back to you in that case.

wellyes
09-03-2013, 04:53 PM
I don't think the waiter in the op did anything wrong....

I do hate that at fast food places I have to order 'white milk' to avoid them asking if I want chocolate . White is not a flavor! It's supposed to be the default milk choice!

abh5e8
09-03-2013, 04:56 PM
yeah...we talk a lot about the animals our food come from. they haven't ever gotten sad that we are eating their toys. but the whole, let me bring extra juice or offer your kid an ice cream sandwich, that is crazy!!!