PDA

View Full Version : A Girl Can Dream, right?

randomkid
09-03-2013, 10:52 AM
The other day, I ended up driving through a neighborhood where we had looked at a house years ago. It's an older neighborhood with smaller homes built in the '60s. But, right at the end of the neighborhood is one dead end street with about 12-15 beautiful homes with large yards and all well kept. This area is zoned for a highly desired K-8 public school - as in, I know people who have sold their homes and rented in order to get in this area. So, as I'm driving through there a couple of days ago, I see this house for sale. I looked it up and here it is http://www.weichert.com/48557470/?ldview=ldphotos. I really like it and so does DH, but it's really too much house for us. The mortgage might be doable if we sold our house and our rental, but I would not have enough furniture to fill that place up nor would I want to clean it. Pretty sure we would not be able to afford the utility bills, the upkeep or the furniture we would need to put in there. The kitchen is awesome - notice the GIANT fridge! Maybe in another life!

hellokitty
09-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Lol, I totally understand where you are coming from. My dh always wants to go bigger, but we don't really need a bigger house. I do, however wish I had a nicer and bigger kitchen, but we have pretty much maxed out renovations of our current home for any resale value. Basically, for the features I want for a kitchen, we'd have to upgrade to the next tier of house. Which we may do if we move to a different area, but if we are staying here, we won't upgrade. However, I do love a kitchen with a nice stove, hood range and fridge!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Sweetsunshine
09-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Wow that kitchen is amazing! And those rooms are massive. I can see how tempting it would be.

Twoboos
09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Wow! Quite a house!

We used to drive through a "dream" neighborhood too. Through patience, a good bonus, inheritance, and a lot of luck (basically I just said all the stars were aligned, LOL), we are actually living in it now!! I honestly can't believe it.

So, keep on dreaming - it might come true one day! ;)

Giantbear
09-03-2013, 11:58 AM
If you want to dream, then dream BIG!!!

http://www.laurakalb.com/details.html?id=3326

Mopey
09-03-2013, 01:35 PM
All I do is dream about space, closets, moving away from this expensive, dirty city. I totally understand! I would also not want to clean it - but HOLY MOLY a double Sub-Zero AND a huge wolf range? Those would be over $25k alone! Amazing. I could do some serious damage in that kitchen. I could also DIY the rest of the house - carpets and drapes and formica oh my! :)

Another girl dreaming!! :waving4:

randomkid
09-03-2013, 01:42 PM

That looks more like a resort than a house. I notice it is referred to as a "compound". Not really my thing, although I'd love to visit Fiji.

BabyBearsMom
09-03-2013, 02:05 PM

How did a picture of my house get up on the internet? Just Kidding!

Tondi G
09-03-2013, 02:12 PM
WOW .. that's quite a house. The price is nice too. Here in Los Angeles.... we can't even buy a little 2 bedrooms one bath bungalow for $495,000, in our area! I would die for a kitchen like that!!!

Mopey
09-03-2013, 02:14 PM
WOW .. that's quite a house. The price is nice too. Here in Los Angeles.... we can't even buy a little 2 bedrooms one bath bungalow for $495,000, in our area! I would die for a kitchen like that!!!

That might get you a small studio here. Crazy.

bigsis
09-03-2013, 10:00 PM
*Sigh* It would be nice! :)

randomkid
09-04-2013, 09:38 AM

The market's not crazy here like in LA, but this is a great price on that house even here. I don't think there would be another house on the market here that is as nice and as big as this one in such a great location (desirable and fairly close to downtown) at that price. It hasn't sold and I think the reason is that higher priced homes are just not selling in this area right now. Another reason this kills me is because it's such a great deal. It is owned by a physician who works at the hospital where I work. He is building a new home on a larger piece of property. I'm sure it will be fabulous based on the area he is building in. I'm guessing this house is paid for and he's just trying to get it sold. Bet I could get it for $475K, but it would be practically empty...and we couldn't eat...or own cars...or buy clothes...or have utilities...LOL!