PDA

View Full Version : OMG DD2, I love you but...

Twoboos
09-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Not everything is a plot to get you. Not everything is just to let your sister get ahead and screw you. And, you clearly don't know the meaning of "It's NOT FAAAAIIIIRRR!"

Your sister is a year ahead of you in school (but nearly 2 years older). She needs a special binder for 4th grade. It is HUGE and we just discovered it barely fits in her backpack. So YES - even though her current backpack is about 6 months old, she will need a new one. YOU DO NOT. And it is, in fact, fair. Because when YOU are in 4th grade, your backpack will not fit the giant binder and you WILL get a new backpack.

She just gave you an entire closet worth of clothes. You officially have more clothes than her, or me for that matter. (Because It's Not Fair that she gets new clothes and you don't, so I buy for you, too.)

Give me a freakin' break. She will get her ears pierced first, it happens when you turn 10. She will get her room redone first, it happens when you turn 10. She will get a new backpack for 4th grade. And she will always and forever be 21 months older than you.

You I love to little teeny tiny pieces. But you're killing me.

I need to reread Siblings Without Rivalry. And have a drink. Schoolbus, take them away!!

SummerBaby
09-03-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm right there with you only my girls are 6 and 9. And my 9 year old also complains if she thinks she misses out on something. I can't win. We are TOTALLY UNFAIR! at our house too...

MamaMolly
09-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Have mercy. We have a 3.5 year age gap and I still hear about it ALL the time. :banghead: I'm getting to that point of saying Life is not fair and walking away.

hellokitty
09-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Ugh, same issues here with ds2 and ds3. They are always jealous of what the older one gets to do.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

elizabethkott
09-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Holy schnoykie, right here with you.
DS1 and DS2 are 3 1/2 years apart, but "It's NOOOOOOOOT FAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRR" is all over the place. And for some odd reason, usually the complaining is on the part of the OLDER one. I don't get it.
And the new, *awesome* development:
"You're so MEAN, Mommy!!!!!"
Yeah? Wait until your teenage years, bucko. You think I'm mean because I won't let you have Goldfish ten minutes before dinner? Whoa, nelly... You got another think coming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

crl
09-03-2013, 11:26 PM
I have a nearly seven year gap and my TEN year old complains when his three year old sister gets anything. It's absurd.

Catherine

mom2khj
09-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Are you writing about my DD2? LOL. Drives me nuts!

egoldber
09-04-2013, 08:34 AM
I have a nearly seven year gap and my TEN year old complains when his three year old sister gets anything. It's absurd.

Five years here and it totally goes both ways!

But younger DD is by FAR the most vocal: ear piercing, sleep overs, activities, cell phone, etc. she wants EVERYTHING older DD has or ever had RIGHT NOW! Oy!

Meatball Mommie
09-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Same thing happens at my house. I've started saying "Life isn't fair, not everyone gets the same things, that's just the way it is." It's so hard - I am an only child and have no tools to deal with the bickering!

karstmama
09-04-2013, 04:10 PM
any way to tie age with responsibilities/privileges (like staying up 30 min later but having to set and clear the table, or whatever would work in your house)? then if younger wants the privileges, she must pony up on the chores. mwah hah hah! fair sucks!

Twoboos
09-04-2013, 05:28 PM
any way to tie age with responsibilities/privileges (like staying up 30 min later but having to set and clear the table, or whatever would work in your house)? then if younger wants the privileges, she must pony up on the chores. mwah hah hah! fair sucks!

Yah, but then I'd have to give the older one the privilege, too, KWIM? This backpack is an annoying necessity!

I told her it would be fair if we didn't get DD1 a backpack and then next year she could also have a too big binder and too small backpack. Totally fair. hahahaaa!

Siblings w/o rivalry says you're supposed to say something like, "Not everyone gets exactly the same thing, but everyone gets what they need." Apparently, those kids fall for it.

ccather
09-04-2013, 05:57 PM
I was amazed how quickly "life's not fair" made it into my mom repatoir. I thought I had a few more years before needed that one!

MamaMolly
09-04-2013, 06:06 PM
You know why life's not fair? Because I said so.

:ROTFLMAO:

AshleyAnn
09-05-2013, 01:50 AM

Catherine

Thanks for ruining my assumption that I found a perk to DD being at least 5 yrs older than her (potential) siblings. I was sure at that gap the "its not fair" thing would be non existant.

Snow mom
09-05-2013, 02:52 AM
You know why life's not fair? Because I said so.

:ROTFLMAO:
Bwahahaha. I'm sure I'll be saying this in no time flat.

belovedgandp
09-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Mine was usually whining about why the youngest one had a snack and the older one(s) did not.

Um, because you can wait 45 minutes until we get home. The whole reason we are not at home to feed the younger one at the regular time is for YOUR activity; now go do what we are here for anyway.