PDA

View Full Version : Low AFI

shawnandangel
09-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Went in for a BPP and NST today and fluid was at 5cm. This was the worst weekend of my life. DH and friends went on a camping trip and on their way back there was a terrible accident and one of our friends didn't make it. 4 others were hospitalized. Luckily DH is uninjured but his brother did suffer a shoulder injury.

The OB usually delivers at 5cm but I really want to go to my friends funeral and she thought maybe I was dehydrated from the weekend (rushing to hospital to be with them etc). She told me to drink fluids and rest today and we are retesting the BPP and NST tomorrow.

Sorry this is so rambley

The point of all this - please pray for one of the following to happen:

1. I go into labor on my own between now and 1:30pm tomorrow
2. The NST and BPP come up tomorrow and we are given more time to go into labor naturally.

We are trying hard for a VBAC. The OB will not induce with pitocin for VBAC (and I agree with her). This morning I was dilated 0.5cm but had some bloody mucous discharge tonight.

We can't strip membranes because of GBS positive results, so if test isn't promising tomorrow I will have a repeat CS and will miss my dear friend's funeral.

Of course we only want what is best for baby and myself, and whatever happens will be God's will.

BDKmom
09-03-2013, 10:15 PM
So sorry to hear what you are going through. Praying for you and your little one right now.

sariana
09-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. P & PT for you, your baby, your family, and your friends.

ArizonaGirl
09-03-2013, 10:40 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, and I hope everyone recovers quickly and P & PT for spontaneous labor or improved test results.

Keep us updated :hug:

kaharris83
09-03-2013, 10:41 PM
So sorry for your weekend. Hoping things look good with baby tomorrow and you're able to attend the funeral. So sorry for your loss. :( Sending strength and PTs your way.

KpbS
09-04-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm really sorry. Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby and mama! :grouphug:

petesgirl
09-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Oh, what an awful thing to be dealing with! I hope it all works out for you.

boogiemomz
09-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Oh, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. How utterly tragic. I'm so glad your DH is alright. Prayers that the timing works, baby comes without complication, and you are able to honor your friend's memory. :hug:

sarahsthreads
09-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss, and so thankful that your DH is OK. Many P&PTs coming your way! :hug:

Sarah

AngB
09-04-2013, 09:46 AM
With DS2, my fluid levels steadily declined for 4 weeks starting at like 15 cm and then all the way down to like 7. (I don't remember the exact numbers but it seems like it was that, still borderline but getting worrisome.) Then all of a sudden when it got to the point where if it got any lower they were going to deliver me early (and I was only like 34 wks), it inexpicably shot up to like 16 and stayed there for the rest of my pregnancy.
Anyway, I hope your fluid levels go up!

And I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to make the funeral, and I'm so glad your DH is ok.

turtledove
09-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I am so sorry for all you are going through! Prayers for you, your baby, and your friends' family and friends. I hope everything works out the way you want it to...hugs!!

123LuckyMom
09-04-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm sending prayers your way.

I'm so very sorry for your loss!

lmh2402
09-04-2013, 10:29 AM
sending you many p&pts

i'm deeply sorry for your loss, but happy that your DH is ok.

MamaMolly
09-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Super big hugs. I hope things work out so you can go.

bisous
09-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Oh boy. I'm so sorry to hear about your stress. Definitely sending prayers and hoping that things work out the way you want them to.

shawnandangel
09-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Thanks everyone! Levels went up to 7cm and the OB was happy with that. Another NST on Friday. I am so relieved.

Love that BBB mojo!!

BDKmom
09-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Glad things improved. Still keeping you in my prayers.

bostonsmama
09-05-2013, 07:33 AM
I read some convincing data that drinking 2 liters of water prior to your next test really helps. Also, ask if they are taking total fluid volume or the deepest pocket measurement. The latter is more indicative of actual cause for concern.

Big hugs to you as you process your grief and attend that funeral. Praising God your DH survived. :)