PDA

View Full Version : Dog poop on rug!!!

DualvansMommy
09-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Quick help here!! I have workers working all morning in my basement, which made my elderly dog go all anxious...and just did a big messy diarrhea on my rug in the den!!!

I cleaned up as much I could with nature miracle and sparking water...but still see obvious stains in various areas on the rug.

Abytng more I can do?? I'm so annoyed with DH who dumped this responsibility of overseeing the workers onto me, while trying to keep my toddler entertained and keeping my 2 crazy dogs happy! Ugh. And I just puked from all the gagging I had to hold back while cleaning up the mess too.

Any tips/advice will be greatly appreciated here!!! But I may throw out the rug...will see!

Cate

mackmama
09-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Put more Nature's Miracle on the area, scrub lightly, then lay down 5-6 paper towels on top of the damp area. Then lay down 4-5 heavy books on top of the paper towels (I use books with light-colored covers to prevent any color-transfer). Leave as is for several hours. Then pick everything up, and the paper towels will have pulled up the stain. This process has worked every time for me over many years.

hillview
09-05-2013, 11:05 AM
our dog did this and it was an area rug so i took it to a rug cleaner. came out like new! SO sorry that sucks. Can you lock the dogs in the bathroom?

cagey
09-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Put more Nature's Miracle on the area, scrub lightly, then lay down 5-6 paper towels on top of the damp area. Then lay down 4-5 heavy books on top of the paper towels (I use books with light-colored covers to prevent any color-transfer). Leave as is for several hours. Then pick everything up, and the paper towels will have pulled up the stain. This process has worked every time for me over many years.

This, and sometimes repeat a day or two later. Often the staining is the carpet still being wet.

Good luck, and sorry you have to deal with this!!!

o_mom
09-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Saturate with NM, then cover with a damp towel for 24 hours. The NM only works if it is wet. If it dries out too soon it won't work.

Also a carpet cleaner/steam vac would help as well if you could borrow one from someone.

DualvansMommy
09-05-2013, 01:17 PM

Thanks! did that, so it's been 2 hours so far....will see how it turns out!

our dog did this and it was an area rug so i took it to a rug cleaner. came out like new! SO sorry that sucks. Can you lock the dogs in the bathroom?

I may just do that, if the stains still look terrible after a week. I purposely bought those kind of rugs for my den and living room on a huge sale from Macys for only 100-150 bucks. As i knew with my dogs and growing toddler, i didn't want to go all out on good quality rugs yet. One of my dogs would just go bezerk at the door if locked in the bathroom!

This, and sometimes repeat a day or two later. Often the staining is the carpet still being wet.

Good luck, and sorry you have to deal with this!!! Thanks! will keep repeating this every few days as needed.

Saturate with NM, then cover with a damp towel for 24 hours. The NM only works if it is wet. If it dries out too soon it won't work.

Also a carpet cleaner/steam vac would help as well if you could borrow one from someone.

Thanks all! i'll try the vac steamer from my neighbor. Maybe it's time to invest in one of my own, as my elderly dog seem to have accidents more frequently those days!

twowhat?
09-05-2013, 02:07 PM
More natures miracle!!! POUR it on. Scrub with a brush and the blot up as much as you can with paper towels. POUR more in, scrub it in really well, then cover with wet towel and leave overnight. The next day, blot it all up with paper towels. Repeat as necessary. I got out several piles of watery diarrhea from a sick dog thus way. Do not use anything else!!! It can interfere with the enzymes and I wonder if the club soda worked against you in terms of combining with natures miracle. You can buy a gallon jug of natures miracle at petsmart.

o_mom
09-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks all! i'll try the vac steamer from my neighbor. Maybe it's time to invest in one of my own, as my elderly dog seem to have accidents more frequently those days!

Mine has paid for itself many times over. It was only around $100 and we have had it for about 5 years now.