PDA

View Full Version : the nerve of some people!!

♥ms.pacman♥
09-05-2013, 12:07 PM
i listed a bunch of Karen Katz board books for sale on a local neighborhood FB page. one of the books was much larger and had a hardcover like a regular book and was in like-new condition so i listed it for $8 (i'm sure i paid something like $15 in the store). someone immediately posted and said "hmm, you can get it new from amazon for $7.xx".

Wow. the gall of some people. First of all, NO, it's not , she was quoting the price of the smaller , regular board book version of the same book. On amazon the book i'm selling was $12.xx. And even if it was, who the eff cares, why say anything, just don't buy it then!! I'm am member of dozen reselling pages (boden, hanna, etc) and I've seen people sell USED items for $15-$20 that i know i can get brand new at Costco for $12...i may roll my eyes but don't say anything. I wonder if ppl have anything better to do.

elephantmeg
09-05-2013, 02:15 PM
what a witch!

kristenk
09-05-2013, 02:21 PM
I hope you pointed out the differences between your book and the amazon book! How annoying. I wonder if she does that to a lot of postings?

♥ms.pacman♥
09-05-2013, 02:26 PM
I hope you pointed out the differences between your book and the amazon book! How annoying. I wonder if she does that to a lot of postings?
i actually did that soon after she posted..i mentioned that mine's actually the hardcover version which is much larger, and not the smaller one (which was listed at the price she said). i was still selling well under retail and under the amazon price. she responded right away and said "oh thanks it just seemed like the posted prices were kinda high :)" Um, gee thanks. i had other books listed for $1, $2.50 each, i don't think that's such a crazy amount to ask.

I cross-posted it on few other pages so hopefully will get a few bites there instead. i don't understand people.

hellokitty
09-05-2013, 02:34 PM
What a biatch. I had a really similar experience with a friend lately and I'm still fuming at how rude she was.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

MamaMolly
09-05-2013, 06:07 PM
what a witch!

Just as an aside, I once got called out and chided on the BBB for using that phrase. ;)

MamaMolly
09-05-2013, 06:09 PM
i actually did that soon after she posted..i mentioned that mine's actually the hardcover version which is much larger, and not the smaller one (which was listed at the price she said). i was still selling well under retail and under the amazon price. she responded right away and said "oh thanks it just seemed like the posted prices were kinda high :)" Um, gee thanks. i had other books listed for $1, $2.50 each, i don't think that's such a crazy amount to ask.

I cross-posted it on few other pages so hopefully will get a few bites there instead. i don't understand people.

What can you say to stupid people like that? :loveeyes: gee, yeah, if I HAD posted a $7 book for $8 I guess it would have been kinda high.

Ugggggghhhhhhh.

Tondi G
09-06-2013, 03:12 PM
uugh she needs to stay out of other people's business!

arivecchi
09-06-2013, 03:59 PM

I cross-posted it on few other pages so hopefully will get a few bites there instead. i don't understand people. You should have offered her a higher price, just because she is special. :)

TwinFoxes
09-06-2013, 04:25 PM
uugh she needs to stay out of other people's business!

:yeahthat: What is she, the price police?