PDA

View Full Version : Another what happened to personal responsibility thread

westwoodmom04
09-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Some idiot hit the retaining wall at the bottom of our driveway and drove off, leaving half the wall lying on our driveway. So pissed they lacked the common decency to take responsibility for it (isn't that what insurance is for?). Taking solace in the fact that they will have to take responsibility for the damage to their vehicle.

Mermanaid
09-05-2013, 02:53 PM
It's so frustrating, isn't it?! These are the kinds of things that make me wish we had video cameras outside our house to capture plate numbers. A few years ago someone crashed into our mailbox and drove off. The police said there was nothing they could really do.

georgiegirl
09-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Hopefully it's a lot of damage to their car. What is wrong with people?

MamaMolly
09-05-2013, 06:06 PM
That is so crappy. I suspect a drunk driver. Honestly, thank God it was just the wall, you know? :irked:

WitMom
09-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Right there with mamamolly. Probably a drunk driver that knew they would be in a crapload of trouble if they got caught.

liz
09-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Sorry OP, that really sucks. Hope it's not too expensive to fix :(

Gracemom
09-06-2013, 11:56 AM
It could have been a teenager. My sister did something similar when she was a teen and took off. My mom saw the whole thing and was mortified and had to tell the neighbor. We tease my sister about it to this day. Sorry you're dealing with this!

Tondi G
09-06-2013, 03:10 PM
I don't know where the break down is these days? When my DS2 scratched a car recently... we were out for a family bike ride and the broken asphalt caused him to wobble, he caught his shoulder on the mirror of a parked car and then his brake handle scratched the vehicle. The car owner was actually present and saw it happen. We gave him our phone number and the car was repaired. It was expensive..... he had to hit a Mercedes right! But we did the right thing.

A neighbor recently backed into another neighbors vehicle ... and pushed it into another neighbors vehicle (damaging both the front and back). She drove off (some others got her license plate number and one got a video of her vehicle driving away) and I guess found somewhere to park her car. Then the police arrived because the neighbor with the video had called in a hit and run. They ran the plate number and figured out who it was. While the police were there taking an incident report, she apparently came out of her house to walk her dog and saw all the hubbub. Then the police went to her door and she said "Oh I was going to come out and leave a note"! COME ON ... FOR REAL? She was not going to leave a note.... if you found a parking place and came home and saw the police out there while you were walking your dog, why didn't she just come over and say she was responsible?

what is wrong with people?

Kymberley
09-06-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm with you on this. Someone crossed the center line and hit my car mirror and shattered the mirror and window (DH was driving it alone). Then they sped off. We just paid out of pocket to replace the window and mirror. Thankfully it wasn't too expensive. I got most of the glass out but I believe I'll be finding shards for a long time. So thankful that DS wasn't in the car because there was glass all over. It basically exploded. Unreal.

arivecchi
09-06-2013, 03:58 PM
That really stinks. I would be so aggravated. I'm sorry.