PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Pro Commercial Vacuums?

Binkandabee
09-05-2013, 04:50 PM
We put new carpet down today only to find out our dyson won't work on it! It's a very thick, plush carpet and the dyson bogs down when being pushed forward. There's no way to adjust the height and after doing some research it appears this is a common issue with this particular carpet. I looked at Shaw Floorings website and they had a list of recommended vacs on their website and one of them was a model by Carpet Pro. Additional suggestions included some Miele models, a Eureka model, Simplicity, Kirby, and a few others I can't recall. The Carpet Pro seemed to be the middle of the road price wise at $260.00, but there were prices all the way from $120.00 for the Eureka to $700+ for some Mieles, and $1,000+ for a Kirby. The carpet pro one gets decent reviews on Amazon, but I thought I'd check here as well before buying a $200+ item sight unseen. This is the model I am considering:

http://www.allbrands.com/products/11908-carpet-pro-topline-cpu-2t-50-dollars-3bags-3belts

oneontheway
09-05-2013, 05:40 PM
The same thing happened to us and we were told to turn the beater bar off on our Dyson (the setting used for wood floors) and so far so good.

Binkandabee
09-05-2013, 06:26 PM
I tried that, and it's the front that is getting stuck, not the beater bar itself. I suppose I could always just vacuum backwards, as that did work. Not very efficient, but it worked!