PDA

View Full Version : QUICK: Will potting soil dry out if we leave it overnight completely uncovered?

Fairy
09-06-2013, 11:05 AM
It will be in a standard cleaning bucket indoors. I think it will dry out, DH says it won't. I garden like I cook, only worse. Please someone tell us the answer. TIA.

lizzywednesday
09-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Why do you need to leave it uncovered? Can't you cover it with plastic wrap or a trash bag?

icunurse
09-06-2013, 11:19 AM
With the weather we have been having in Chicago, there is a pretty good chance that it will dry out, but it might not down to the bottom of the bucket. Are you trying to dry it out? If so, just keep turning it or spread it out. If not, just most in some water and turn it over once or twice.

BunnyBee
09-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Throw a garbage bag over it or some Press N Seal if you're worried. The bags it comes in aren't air tight, so you don't have to go crazy sealing it up. :)

Fairy
09-06-2013, 11:22 AM
We're potting plants, kind of (we're making home made chia pets ... "mandrakes") at DS's bday part tomorrow and we're lugging a TON of stuff to the venue today in advance cuz we have literally zero time to set up before the party. The container he bought is huge and comes to my hips cuz it was cheaper. Now we can't lift it. So we need something easier for the person leading Herbology to scoop into the nylons with for the 30 kids. Covering it with a garbage bag will do it?

Fairy
09-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Throw a garbage bag over it or some Press N Seal if you're worried. The bags it comes in aren't air tight, so you don't have to go crazy sealing it up. :)

Oh this helps, I didn't know that. Good. thank you.

I'm barely awake.

BunnyBee
09-06-2013, 11:33 AM
We're potting plants, kind of (we're making home made chia pets ... "mandrakes") at DS's bday part tomorrow and we're lugging a TON of stuff to the venue today in advance cuz we have literally zero time to set up before the party. The container he bought is huge and comes to my hips cuz it was cheaper. Now we can't lift it. So we need something easier for the person leading Herbology to scoop into the nylons with for the 30 kids. Covering it with a garbage bag will do it?

You could set it into a garbage bag and knot/tie the top. Get some sleep so you can enjoy the party! (I'm always up till 4 and a zombie...)

Fairy
09-06-2013, 11:35 AM
You could set it into a garbage bag and knot/tie the top. Get some sleep so you can enjoy the party! (I'm always up till 4 and a zombie...)

If only ... if only ...

Fairy
09-06-2013, 12:58 PM
so u r saying this will definitely suffice?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u178/FairyMay9/IMG_20130906_115046_914_zps7d30c567.jpg