PDA

View Full Version : Need Thank You gift ideas for my bday helpers (teens, adults, co-ed)

Fairy
09-06-2013, 11:14 AM
I have eleven people to buy thank you gifts for. They did and will be doing alot of work for me these past weeks and tomorrow, which is the day, so I'm out of time. Teen boys, teen girls, and adults. I don't wanna spend more than $10 and would like to spend alot less, so a gift card is eh for me unless it's a $5 iTunes GC with something else, maybe edible. MUST BE EASY TO FIND RIGHT NOW and not look cheap. I'm operating on fumes, so my creativity is shot and so is my ability to form words. I can't think of a gift. I just need someone to tell me what to buy. Just tell me, please, what should I get?

Oh, and wrapping may not happen, so consider that, too ...

And I have like 40 minutes I can dedicate to this ...

TwoBees
09-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Candles for the females and iTunes GCs for the males?

candaceb
09-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I would do $5 gift cards to the local frozen yogurt place.

Twoboos
09-06-2013, 12:55 PM
GC to local coffee shop, froyo/ice cream shop, bookstore (if they exist anymore)?

Binkandabee
09-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Not a popular BBB answer, but I'd do a small glass bottle of Coke and a some sort of edible treat for everyone.

oneplustwo
09-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Probably way too late to weigh in on this, but I would cut yourself some slack and give them a small thank you gift sometime AFTER the party, when you've recovered. :) You could include a photo from the party as part of a thank you note along with a small gift. That would give you breathing room and a later deadline!

GL tomorrow with the party, I'm sure it will be a blast!

Fairy
09-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Probably way too late to weigh in on this, but I would cut yourself some slack and give them a small thank you gift sometime AFTER the party, when you've recovered. :) You could include a photo from the party as part of a thank you note along with a small gift. That would give you breathing room and a later deadline!

GL tomorrow with the party, I'm sure it will be a blast!

THIS was the smart answer. THIS was what I should have done, cuz I'm exhausted. But i went to Red Mango and got eleven $5 gift cards, then next door to Yankee Candle and got a $2 votive holder and a $3 votive, and that's $10 per person, and then I came home and stuffed all the card holders like an idiot, then I put them in cello favor bags that I wasn't using for anymore of the mountains of candy, then I tied them with old embroidery thread I haven't used since Madonna wore fingerless gloves, then I put them in a bag and loaded them into the car, then I checked it off my list.

Thank you all for telling me what to do, I just needd someone to say, "do this," so i could follow instructions, and you all did that. Almost done. It's still fun, but I'm really freaking tired. But I'll tell ya, DS is over the moon. So, I'm a smiling exhausted.

Seitvonzu
09-07-2013, 11:12 AM
good luck with your party today fairy-it's going to be EPIC :)