PDA

View Full Version : Asthma moms- dealing with fall air

Green22
09-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Ds has pretty severe asthma. He is 16 months. He will be full time day care in the fall through the winter, moving back to part time around january.

They go outside daily. Cool air is a big trigger for him.

Is there anything you use or would feel comfortable using as a scarf type thing to try and keep his air warmed up when outside? Any good hat/muffler combos? I don't want to have stuff wrapped around his neck for safety reasons but i also dont want him being in a constant ( ir shoukd i say just worse since it is already constant) state if wheezing/nebulizing.

Any coats or jackets that cover the mouth a bit that would work? I saw one that i thought might fit the bill at costco but it was down filled and i want to avoid that bc of allergies.

Thanks in advance!

PZMommy
09-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Is there a way for him to stay inside?? My DS 2 has severe asthma. He just turned two, but has problems since he got RSV as a preemie and almost died. Weather changes are a big trigger for him. We live in Los Angeles so we don't even have big weather changes, but it is enough to set his asthma off. When I feel that the weather may be too rough on him, I tell the teacher that morning that he is not to go outside, and then they have him go to another classroom during outside time. I dont know hat there is anything he would keep over his mouth while playing. He also has a nebulizer at daycare and his teachers give him regular treatments. He still misses on average of 40 days a school year, so it isn't a perfect solution, but it is the best we have come up with for now.

ArizonaGirl
09-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Another vote for staying inside because for my DS, the weather changes are such a big trigger too.

:hug: