PDA

View Full Version : I need a new iron - suggest your favorite

randomkid
09-07-2013, 12:56 PM
We have been through 2 Rowentas in the past 13 years. The first one lasted a lot longer than our second, which I just had to throw in the garbage. I've heard they are now made in China and this second one certainly had more problems and didn't last as long. DH and I both use the iron daily, so we need something that works well and will last. I bought a $25 B&D Classic in the meantime - it works well, but doesn't have a teflon plate so kind of "sticks" to our clothes. I want to do a bit of research before investing in another good iron and this will work until then. Do you have an iron that you really like?

minnie-zb
09-07-2013, 03:10 PM
We had a rowenta for several years until the cord fell apart. It was okay and personally I was pretty happy when it was done. I don't think it lived up to the hype. For my next iron I bought a Panasonic -- I went off of the Amazon list and picked one of the top picks. Love it -- couldn't be happier. It was relatively inexpensive and does a great job. I would recommend looking at Amazon and using that as a jumping off point.

ETA: I think the cord issue was my husband's doing by the way. He loves to wrap the cord and tends to do it way too tightly. The Panasonic one retracts. Love it.

MelissaTC
09-07-2013, 03:39 PM
I have a Rowenta that I purchased a few years ago. It was manufactured in Germany and I love it. No issues here.

Meatball Mommie
09-08-2013, 07:34 AM
I, too, disliked my Rowenta. This past Christmas I bought one off Amazon in a lightening deal. It's actually a Singer brand iron and intended for the sewing crowd. I love it. Big improvement. It got fabulous reviews so I agree with the pp that said to go off reviews in choosing a new one.

athompson
09-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Can everyone link to the iron they have from Amazon please? Would love to see the Panasonic and the Singer models! Thanks:-)