PDA

View Full Version : Best socks for sweaty/stinky feet?

KrystalS
09-07-2013, 11:45 PM
My DD has very sweaty feet. They smell terrible by the end of the day if I don't put baking soda in her shoes in the mornings, sometimes I forget. She needs new socks anyway so I'm hoping to find some that help with the sweating. I have tried every brand at Target, nike, and Justice athletic socks, she prefers the Justice socks but they just don't last. After about 1-2 months of wearing/washing they go in the trash.

Nooknookmom
09-09-2013, 01:49 AM
What type of shoes does she wear? I found that wih my DD2's, stinky feet it had more to do with the shoes than socks.

We cannot do ANY canvas shoes and I usually end up with Geox bc they have a special liner that is leather but the footbed has air holes and they never smell. or there are the washable stride rite leather & tsukioshi has anitmicrobial liner and are washable also.

I use $1 old navy socks, but she is starting to dislike the rubber grip on the bottom.

KrystalS
09-09-2013, 08:48 AM
She has nikes, and they are very breathable, her shoes actually don't even stink. It is her feet. She is 9 and in a women's size 6 so she needs bigger socks.

stefani
09-09-2013, 09:25 AM
I like Thorlo's socks for myself, especially for traveling when I walk a ton in the tropics. It seems to absorb sweat well. Considering that she wears women shoes size 6 (what I wear as well) you can try that. Academy sells those, although I usually buy them online.

mom2binsd
09-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Can you have her put on foot odor powder in the am?????

oneplustwo
09-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I find my boys have stinky feet with cotton socks but not with wool socks, so maybe try some wool socks.

cagey
09-09-2013, 11:46 AM
i've had good luck with wool socks--smartwool, icebreaker or New Balance ones. (i usually stock up at sierra trading post)

Also, remember that feet stink b/c of the bacteria, not becuase of sweat. Throwing shoes in the freezer overnight (we double bag in the gallon ziplocks...or 2 gallon if they're boots!) remedies all stink, even in Keens which have always been the worst offenders.

Nooknookmom
09-10-2013, 02:19 AM
She has nikes, and they are very breathable, her shoes actually don't even stink. It is her feet. She is 9 and in a women's size 6 so she needs bigger socks.

My oldest has horrid stinky feet and I can't imagine her shoes not smelling! I have out every deodorant in her socks and bought moisture wicking ones for her to no avail. Once she offered to let me borrow her tall Uggs bc I didn't have a tall pair. I'm driving down the road and am wondering what died in my car...it was her boots!!!

It took me three foot washings with baking soda to get the smell off my feet.

Sorry had to share!

Hope u find good socks son...what about those made for runners?

BunnyBee
09-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Washing her feet with a stronger soap (like Dial) may help significantly. As someone else said, the smell is from bacteria, and she may be standing in the shower instead of actually SCRUBBING her feet. I have smelly feet too, even with scrubbing, but it definitely makes a difference. I can tell when I've been a little lazy and feeling like my feet are too far away. ;)

My oldest DD likes Little Miss Matched socks and we buy the Target Gold Toe brand of cotton socks for the boy and girls. No matching!

I also wash all of our socks and underwear separately and on hot and dry on hot. I have passed along the stinky foot gene, and well, butts are butts.