PDA

View Full Version : any dc's planning halloween costumes already?

karstmama
09-08-2013, 12:13 PM
right now ds says he wants to be a ghost - woot! easy costume!

last year he was buzz lightyear at riding (he does riding therapy) and a knight for actual trick-or-treating.

i saw a cute ghost made of an adult white sweatshirt. or i might just go the plain 'ol white sheet with eyes cut out route.

anyone else? still too early? that's ok, but i'm thinking about it since ds is. :)

elliput
09-08-2013, 12:30 PM
We've gotten three(?!?!?) Chasing Fireflies costume catalogs already this year. My DC have poured over each one (all the same costumes) and keep changing their minds. Not sure what we are going to do in the end.

georgiegirl
09-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Dd (7) wants to be a witch. DS (4) wants to be a fireman. Last year Costco had an awesome fireman costume, and I hope they have it this year too. For baby, I will just get a skeleton sleeper.

Tea4two
09-08-2013, 12:34 PM
My DS wants to be Luke Skywalker and baby DD will be Princess Leia. These will be DIY costumes but I haven't started them yet. I have looked at a lot of pics on pinterest, so do have an idea of what I would like to do. Hopefully it will be pretty easy.

ellies mom
09-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Well, sort of. We going to the Rose City Comic-con near the end of September. Both girls want me to make costumes. It is costing me a decent amount of money and a lot of time so they have to be the same thing for Halloween.

DD1 is going to be It Girl (http://www.comicvine.com/it-girl-and-the-atomics/4050-51108/) from the short-lived It Girl and the Atomics comic book. Her shirt will cover her stomach.

DD2 is going to be Twilight Sparkle (http://equestriagirls.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_Sparkle) from The Equestria Girls movie

baymom
09-08-2013, 12:48 PM
DD had planned to be Hermionie and I was thrilled since we already had the nice cape from 2 years ago. But, then, she and her BFF decided to be matching gumball machines, yes, gumball machines! We found a costume on Pinterest that looks manageable. BFF's Mom (who I love!) has volunteered her mother to do the sewing part of the outfits for both girls and we'll do the more crafty portion of it. Definitely more involved that I expected with the Hermionie costume, but I do love this stuff and the girls are so excited about it. DS, so far, wants to be a soccer player. Since he already is one, there really isn't anything to buy or make. ....unless he changes his mind!

oneplustwo
09-08-2013, 01:07 PM
My kids start planning their costumes for the following Halloween the day after :) ~ of course, plans evolve continually over the year, but they love to talk about it. All three have told me they've decided on their costumes for this year, so apparently we will have the Grim Reaper, a ghoulish creature with a sword going through either the head or the torso, and either an evil angel or a boy (DD is doing the group approach with some friends; they aren't sure which of the last two they will do).

buddyleebaby
09-08-2013, 01:09 PM
My kids have been discussing Halloween costumes for months and have changed their minds several times. As it stands now Ds(5) and dd1(8) want to be minions, one purple, the other yellow. Dd2(almost 7) wants to be Tracy from Hairspray.

fivi2
09-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Unfortunately mine keep changing their minds - usually they settle on something so I have time to create.
They are both 7.
Currently one wants to be Bunnicula and the other wants to wear one of the fairy costumes we already own.
Earlier the fairy wanted to be Amelia Earhart, and I almost had Bunnicula talked into Medusa (she is my more willing Halloween participant).
But Bunnicula will be fun to create.
Kind of bummed about the fairy, but it isn't about me ;) (She was Tinkerbell twice, the same generic fairy she wants to wear this year once before, and last year I at least talked her into being a Halloween fairy, and I got to make spiderweb wings.)

BabyBearsMom
09-08-2013, 02:41 PM
DD1 wants to be princess Belle. I ordered her a dress up dress from Zullily. I'm happy because we can use it for playing dress up later. I will accessorize with her dress up stuff she already has. I still need to get some sparkly maryjanes from target or Payless to go with it.

DD2 is going to be a cow (DD1's costume from when she was that age).

maestramommy
09-08-2013, 03:03 PM
DD1 wants to be Mulan
DD2 wants to be Belle.

So I am going to run around town trying to find 2nd costumes.

DD3 wants to be Ponyo after she's a girl. Oy.

ArizonaGirl
09-08-2013, 03:10 PM
DS changes his mind about 4 times a day, so we have not decided yet for certain.

I think I am going to have DD dress up as Piglet. I think she will be so stinkin cute as Piglet.

Dream
09-08-2013, 03:24 PM
My ODD wants to be a skeleton, I ordered the costume from amazon but its too big so I have to return and order a small size. DD2 is still too small so I bought a bat costume since it was less than $20 on amazon.

ilfaith
09-08-2013, 03:30 PM
DS2 and DS3 are going to be Power Rangers. I already bought their costumes about a month ago at Costco.

DS1 wants to be either Percy Jackson or Hercules.

weech
09-08-2013, 03:34 PM
DS said he wanted to be a purple monster, so we just ordered this costume http://www.purecostumes.com/halloween-costumes/F116351P/lil-monster-toddler-costume-purple.html

He picked it out after browsing carefully through pages of costumes online... :ROTFLMAO:

elbenn
09-08-2013, 03:36 PM
We got a Chasing Fireflies catalog and DS1 really wants the snake costume or the animal handler one. I was hoping I could find a cheaper version (these costumes are $80 and $100!), but it looks like these costumes aren't widely available. There aren't even reviews on the Chasing Fireflies website to see if these costumes are nice.

wendibird22
09-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Dd2 wants to be Dorothy (and we have a hand me down costume) and dd1 wants to be Glinda (and we have a pink ball gown that will work just need a tall crown). DH and I Are thrilled to not have to buy costumes this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

hillview
09-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Yes DS2 has been drooling and debating for 2 weeks, since the first cataloge arrived.

twowhat?
09-08-2013, 06:56 PM
DDs got a bunch of Little Adventures dress up clothes for their bday. DD1 wants to be Tinkerbelle and DD2 wants to be Aurora (Sleeping Beauty).

Oh, and I snagged an adult Snow White costume on clearance. So I guess I need to make myself a red headband and I'll be Snow White. Any chance I can get DH to dress up as a prince? LOL.

ahisma
09-08-2013, 07:01 PM
DS2 wants to be a blue jay with wings and a pointy beak.

DS1 wants to be Sparty, MSU's mascot.

Help!

briarrose
09-08-2013, 08:00 PM
DS wants to be Steve from Minecraft. We bought the head and a light up torch. He will just wear jeans and a Minecraft shirt. He is so addicted to this game.

rlu
09-08-2013, 08:21 PM
DS wants to be a 49er football player. He needs a new jersey anyway (he's requested Kaepernick). We'll fudge the helmet via goodwill. Not sure what we'll do about the gold pants. Have to see how much they actually cost and then decide.

Tondi G
09-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Mine was browsing the Chasing Fireflies catalog with a neighbor. They decided they want to be the Bandito and the Bandita! Think all black Zorro-ish costume. Shouldn't be too hard to pull together. That costume in the catalog is $80 bucks!

WitMom
09-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Both DDs want to go with a 50's dress up theme. Poodle skirts and saddle shoes. My dad has a 57 Chevy, so the costumes will do double duty for a photo shoot with Grandpa's car. I can't wait!

♥ms.pacman♥
09-08-2013, 09:42 PM
DD wants to be Dora (super easy) and DS wants to be Percy (from Thomas). Pretty easy so far, provided they don't change their minds :)

DualvansMommy
09-08-2013, 09:46 PM
DS wants to be Thomas the train! And I found a good outfit from chasing firely....me happy mom today!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

blisstwins
09-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Posieden and Artemis....summer of Percy Jackson.

jennilynn
09-08-2013, 09:52 PM
DS1 has been set on Darth Maul since the day after Halloween ( he was Darth Vader last year.) DS2 wants to be an ankylosaurus but I think I talked him into being a T-Rex or something easier to find. DD is going to be a peacock and I'll see if she can fit in the pumpkin onesie her brothers wore, too. We love Halloween!

candaceb
09-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Last year Costco had an awesome fireman costume, and I hope they have it this year too.

I was just going to post asking if anyone had seen the Costco fireman costume this year. My mom looked for me last week and didn't see it at her Costco in MI. We don't have one nearby so I have to get someone else to find it for me. I found a blog post about it when I was looking for info on how to make firefighter pants and it looks awesome.
http://firewifekatie.blogspot.com/2010/09/best-firefighter-costume-ever.html

here is my pinterest board on firefighter costumes in case it is helpful:
http://pinterest.com/candacebu/firefighter-costume/

SnuggleBuggles
09-08-2013, 10:44 PM
1 ninja, 1 knight (3 years in a row for that one :))

JustMe
09-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Dd found a great racoon costume, and she is set.

Ds --no idea. All the ready-made costumes we see seem to be pretty violent or gory, and I really don't have the talent or time to make something.