PDA

View Full Version : Spending too much on beauty products?

viba424
09-08-2013, 04:27 PM
I just purchased a large bottle of Clarins body lotion, $13.5 oz for $50. When I say it out loud I realize I must be crazy. I have had samples of it and love it, and keep coming back to it. However the price seems stupid, plus it has parabens. Should I just return? Its sold out and the reviews are so good, probably playing into the appeal.

I know we all buy things we don't need. Is it nuts to pay this price? What sort of personal items do you buy that defy logic?

♥ms.pacman♥
09-08-2013, 04:31 PM
well several months ago i bought a tube of Napoleon Perdis (Australian makeup brand) China Doll for $50. I should check but I think it's 1 oz. Though i love it bc it really covers up well and gives a really smooth finish. And it's thin so doesn't feel cakey like liquid foundation. Provides better coverage than BareMinerals can. I don't know. i don't spend a ton on beauty products (i go months without buying any new makeup), i only wear makeup maybe once a week or so, so it will last me a long time..i say its worth it. :)

Also, I spend a pretty penny on Wen for my hair and Kids Wen for DD's hair. It's the best shampoo/conditioner/detangler and doesn't have sulfates in it.

I don't know, if you really like it, haven't found a cheaper product that will do the same, it seems worth it to me. :)

SnuggleBuggles
09-08-2013, 04:50 PM
If your budget allows it, go for it. I'm cheap and mostly get Whole Foods or TJ's store brand stuff.

ilfaith
09-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I admit to paying silly amounts for things I put on my face. But for body lotion, I go through so much, that I just buy whatever is on sale. Right now I am liking the Olay Total Effects...which I am sure if full of all sorts of harmful things, but keeps my skin soft (in conjunction with Olay body wash).

cvanbrunt
09-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I spend money on stuff for my face. Good money. And I plan to spend even more on "procedures", botox and retin-A. But body lotion? A big bottle of cetaphil is all I will buy.

viba424
09-08-2013, 07:01 PM
I think part of the appeal on this particular lotion is it made the bumps on my arms go away, which I have never been able to do before...but still, wow that price!

Green_Tea
09-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I spend ridiculous $$ on beauty products, too. Lipgloss and eyeshadow always fit ;).

JBaxter
09-08-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm a CVS girl myself. I use a lot of Almay
If your budget allows it, go for it. I'm cheap and mostly get Whole Foods or TJ's store brand stuff.

cvanbrunt
09-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I think part of the appeal on this particular lotion is it made the bumps on my arms go away, which I have never been able to do before...but still, wow that price!

Well, if you can afford it and it made the bumps go away, carry on! :)