PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen playmobil sets at Costco yet?

Simon
09-09-2013, 01:48 PM
I know they usually have 1 or 2 big sets for the winter holidays but our Costco doesn't have anything out yet. In fact, it was very sparse in the toy area so I'm really hoping they'll be coming later.

I've heard that the second best choice is to buy directly from the Playmobil web site. Does that match your experience?

Charlie
09-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I was at Costco yesterday and didn't see any Playmobil, and I remember them having some every year in the past. My store had 1 full aisle of toys so far but it was mostly baby stuff, or things that seemed mostly girly. I'm hoping they get more soon and I'm betting they probably get some Playmobil. I have seen and gotten good deals on Playmobil on Amazon (got a set for about $6 with prime from a third party seller that normally retails for about $25). I don't know about ordering directly from Playmobil.

Rainbows&Roses
09-12-2013, 07:06 PM
The costco toy section is just getting started - it is only September. The biggest selection is usually around late October IME and by Thanksgiving, a lot of stuff is gone. I have never found their playmobil sets to be that great of a deal until they get marked down for clearance which usually happens a week or two before xmas if there is anything left.

Sign up for e-mails from the Playmobil site. They usually have 20% off coupons every once in awhile - just had an awesome 25% off one a few weeks ago which is about the best you are going to get on their products. If you order over $49 you get free shipping (sometimes they have specials for $25) and you also get a free little gift. I would say their site with a coupon code is a better choice than Costco.

larig
09-12-2013, 07:36 PM
I was at Costco #1 (the original seattle store) and they had quite a bit out for xmas, but I saw no playmobil.

YouAreTheFocus
11-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Bumping--can any Costco-goers update IRT the Playmobil offerings this year? I don't have a membership but a couple relatives do and are looking for ideas for DS. Thanks!

citymama
11-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Bumping--can any Costco-goers update IRT the Playmobil offerings this year? I don't have a membership but a couple relatives do and are looking for ideas for DS. Thanks!

I was at a Bay Area Costco last weekend and didn't see any. And I looked in the toy section. That's a whole week ago though!

They did have AG mini dolls and 6 book sets for $35.99, though.

YouAreTheFocus
11-25-2013, 06:06 PM
I was at a Bay Area Costco last weekend and didn't see any. And I looked in the toy section. That's a whole week ago though!

They did have AG mini dolls and 6 book sets for $35.99, though.

Bummer! That probably means there weren't any this year--I read some old threads that said they typically arrive in October and sometimes sell out by end of November (or occasionally hang around and end up on mega clearance!).

Thanks for the update :)