PDA

View Full Version : I just remembered why we went with the Odyssey over the Town and Country!

OKKiddo
09-09-2013, 05:22 PM
My Odyssey had to go to the bodyshop today for some minor scratches and a small dent (courtesy of lady on cell phone making an improper lane change) and Enterprise came to pick me up with the Town and Country we'll be using for the week. It's decked out (dvd players, satellite radio, gps, etc) and very nice....and I started wondering why we walked away from a less expensive but still well equipped vehicle? I mean the stow and go alone today made my heart swoon all over again, lol! Then I had to install our Frontier 85's in the 3rd row using the long belt path method (only one latch and it's in the center of the 3rd row and both children are over 40lbs now). That's when it clicked! It took me and the Enterprise guy 5 whole, sweaty, teeth grinding, grunting, very physical minutes to get the drivers side 3rd row seatbelt clicked closed. It was 2mm's apart until the 2nd person helped squash the seat and then it was still pure luck we were able to hear that audible CLICK! Granted, there is NO movement at the belt path for either seat because that's how tightly they're installed (short seatbelts means no room for error or laziness)! But I feel good that we definitely made the right vehicle decision now, lol!

(And I'm sure this is when someone would mention that the car is such a savings that a person could afford to purchase the newest Pinnacle 90/Frontier 90 car seats with the ease of install and zero need for long belt path installation :wink2:)