PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I have a good, inexpensive party favor idea!

lucybabymamma
09-09-2013, 07:05 PM
My 4 yo DD is having a mermaid theme party but I think these favors would work for many ages or themes. Anyways, I totally hate the BOC, so I am planning to use these fizzy, rainbow bath colors as party favors (link below). They are only $5 for 150 of them at our Walmart and I'm going to put @10 of the tablets in a cute, small, clear bag with a cardboard note that says thanks for coming and hope you enjoy a rainbow colored swim at bathtime (or something like that) with a seashell and sucker attached. I may tie the whole thing to a helium balloon -- all in all I think it will end up being @$1 per child at most and be fun! Yay :)
Also, since it's a mermaid theme, and Ariel specifically, I am going to have the kiddos create "thingamagig" necklaces based on the song in the movie. I found all these cool old keys, seashells, ribbons, buttons, beads, etc around our house, so that will be cute...and free too. Double yay!
Anyways, just thought I would share!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/123-Sesame-Street-Fizzy-Tub-Colors-Water-Coloring-Tablets-10.4-oz/10324308

anonomom
09-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Sounds adorable! Great idea.

maestramommy
09-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Very cool!

boogiemomz
09-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Cute cute cute!! Way to go! :bighand:

1mom2dylan
09-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Just be careful, these tablets of color could easily be mistaken for candy by a child.

IansMom
09-09-2013, 08:57 PM
I love the idea and my 4 yo DS would, too. Are they hypo-allergenic? My niece has exczema and very sensitive skin so her mom (my sister) would be hesitant to let her use them.

wallawala
09-09-2013, 09:33 PM
We love love those bath tablets in our house. I would just hand them directly on the parents to minimize any confusion. We often mix colors and make DD predict what color it will be ("so red and blue will make what color?"). Geek bath time!!

Sounds like a very cute favor and way better than the BOC!!!

cookiemonster80
09-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Love this idea- especially since it isn't candy-

FYI for anyone who may benefit- we used these all the time for dd1 and for months she always complained of her urethra burning, Esp in the tub- when we ran out of the container and I didn't buy more it totally stopped. We had her tested for UTIs multiple times but all were negative- just figured our by process of elimination that these we irritating her.
Just in case anyone else is going through this- it took us forever to figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

bigsis
09-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Very cute! It can also work for spa-themed parties for the tweeners! :)

lucybabymamma
09-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Just be careful, these tablets of color could easily be mistaken for candy by a child.

Good point! I'll have to be sure the kids and parents know.

lucybabymamma
09-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Love this idea- especially since it isn't candy-

FYI for anyone who may benefit- we used these all the time for dd1 and for months she always complained of her urethra burning, Esp in the tub- when we ran out of the container and I didn't buy more it totally stopped. We had her tested for UTIs multiple times but all were negative- just figured our by process of elimination that these we irritating her.
Just in case anyone else is going through this- it took us forever to figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Oh no! I may bring the label for parents to check out if they want or like IansMom was wondering, to see if it would be ok for sensitive skin. Glad I posted...all these things I never thought of!