PDA

View Full Version : I must be INSANE! P&PT, Please?

BabbyO
09-10-2013, 10:50 AM
To keep a long drawn out story short, DH and I talked yesterday, and well, we're agreed. I'm going to resign from my job next Monday - No safety net...take away 55-60% of our income and our insurance.

I'm scared to death and exhilarated all at the same time. It is totally irresponsible, but my job is really starting to affect more than just my mood, attitude and demeanor. It is affecting my health, which was clear as a bell yesterday when my 4 yo said, "Mama, I hope you feel better soon."

I need to feel whole again, and this job has set into motion events that allowed me to become a shadow of who I really am. If you could send some new job/opportunity vibes my way, it would really be appreciated.

liz
09-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Sending mojo your way!

tabegle
09-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Good luck and kudos to you!

wencit
09-10-2013, 10:55 AM
:hug: Hope you can find a better job soon!

BabyBearsMom
09-10-2013, 11:01 AM
I know you have been miserable with this job for a long time. Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

BabbyO
09-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks everyone...I'm super scared, but I know it is the right thing for us. GAH...I wish it were just done, but we agreed to get a few ducks in a row first....

DietCokeLover
09-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Hoping much better things are right around the corner for you!

Momit
09-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Mojo! I remember your other posts too. Kudos on making a tough decision that's right for you and your family. Your mental health is worth way more than your salary. Enjoy a little time to recharge and be with your kiddos before a great new job opportunity comes your way.

larig
09-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Sending you PTs and healthy thoughts

georgiegirl
09-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Good luck! I hope you find something that makes you happy.

wendibird22
09-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Mojo coming your way!

I facilitate an assertiveness workshop to students and when we cover "saying no" I talk about how saying no to someone/something else is saying yes to yourself. And that it's totally ok to put yourself first. So kudos to you for asserting yourself and ending a bad relationship with your job!!

HonoluluMom
09-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Good for you for taking this brave step! Sending a lot of positive vibes your way that you find something that you love!

bcafe
09-10-2013, 01:10 PM
This was exactly my situation 4 years ago. We had planned it for about 6 months, especially how we were going to cut corners on "luxuries", etc. My unhappiness at my job was consuming me and I feared my attitude (and it wasn't poor, just unhappy) was not only rubbing off on my co-workers, but my family too. Good luck!

BDKmom
09-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Wow! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! I know from your posts how miserable you have been. I admire you for making a change. Sending lots of mojo that everything falls into place just how you need it to!!

BabbyO
09-10-2013, 01:25 PM
This was exactly my situation 4 years ago. We had planned it for about 6 months, especially how we were going to cut corners on "luxuries", etc. My unhappiness at my job was consuming me and I feared my attitude (and it wasn't poor, just unhappy) was not only rubbing off on my co-workers, but my family too. Good luck!

We should probably take a bit more time to plan....but I'm afraid if I do (and DH probably knows this) I'll back out and say that I can't subject our family to this sort of a hit. Frankly, we were nearly at this place in June and that is exactly what happened.

bcafe
09-10-2013, 01:32 PM
It was tough financially, but not enough for me to regret the decision. The savings in gas for you alone will probably be big. I just started to cut things like direct tv, checked for cheaper car and home insurance rates, and lowered our non-fixed costs. It was an adjustment being home without my rigorous working schedule, so give yourself plenty of time to adjust to that too.

hillview
09-10-2013, 01:40 PM
CONGRATULATIONS. Great news. Sending you PT for a new gig soon that you LOVE!

trales
09-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Do it, my guess is the moment you do it, you will feel thousands of times better and more opportunities will open up that you never knew existed.

petesgirl
09-10-2013, 01:45 PM
We did this 2 yrs ago with a newborn and a brand new house payment! It was scary, but I do not regret it. Things work out!!

elliput
09-10-2013, 01:47 PM
This is the best thing for you, and by extension the best thing for your family. Good luck with whatever comes down the pike! Hopefully, it will be something wonderful. :cheerleader1:

Philly Mom
09-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Sounds like the right decision to me! PT that a great opportunity comes your way when you are ready for it. Enjoy the time with the kids!

AngB
09-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Sending major mojo your way!

anamika
09-10-2013, 02:28 PM
I am really glad to see this update actually since I have read your previous posts on the job situation!! Good luck. I hope this turns out to be one the best decisions of your life :)

echoesofspring
09-10-2013, 03:28 PM
I hope this turns out to be one the best decisions of your life

:yeahthat:

hellokitty
09-10-2013, 03:54 PM
In glad you are resigning. I've been following your story and I know you've been very unhappy with your job. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way! I hope that you will be happier.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

bisous
09-10-2013, 03:56 PM
I am really glad to see this update actually since I have read your previous posts on the job situation!! Good luck. I hope this turns out to be one the best decisions of your life :)

Exactly! Sometimes the path forward isn't exactly clear but it is clear what you should NOT be doing. In your case, you felt that way about your job. Kudos to you for being intuitive about what is best for you and your mental health and fortitude. I'm sure things will work out. Keep us updated!

lizzywednesday
09-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Lots of mojo heading your way, BabbyO!

It's rough being in a position where you feel absolutely cr@pped on and burnt out at the end of the day, so I hope this is the first step along the path to sustainable happiness.

BabbyO
09-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I definitely need and appreciate all the mojo, well wishes, and Prayers! I appreciate having the cheering section that I desperately need right now! Thankfully DH is AWESOME even though I know he's just as scared as I am!

PunkyBoo
09-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I definitely need and appreciate all the mojo, well wishes, and Prayers! I appreciate having the cheering section that I desperately need right now! Thankfully DH is AWESOME even though I know he's just as scared as I am!

More mojo and prayers coming your way! Try to keep a positive attitude in your transition as often a down outlook will come across in interviews. Good luck to you!

happymom
09-10-2013, 07:51 PM
I just made a similar decision- it's scary but sometimes you just have to take that leap! You need to take care of yourself. Wishing you the best moving forward.

mom2224
09-10-2013, 08:17 PM
We have to do what is best for us and our family. I am THIS close to the same decision. If I'd ever get pregnant with #4 my decision would be made.

ZeeBaby
09-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Good luck on finding something soon.

theriviera
09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Sending you lots of mojo! I did this last year and for the most part i don't regret it.

daniele_ut
09-10-2013, 10:55 PM
I did much the same thing 21 months ago when DS2 was born. I made roughly the same as dh and I carried our FREE health insurance. It seemed patently insane for me to quit but dh was the one who encouraged me and promised we would find a way to make it work. Things have been tight, but I am so much happier than I was at my old job. I really don't regret it. Sending you all of the luck and mojo I can muster!

rin
09-11-2013, 12:20 AM
OMG! Congratulations! I think it's a very brave step you're taking. Have confidence that something will come through!

mommyp
09-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Late to this one, but I had to respond with lots of mojo! Sounds like you guys are making a great decision for your family...best of luck!

Nooknookmom
09-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Mojo coming! And BTDT. Being a shell is not good for anyone...I truely wish you luck down the road.

Ps it takes guts to do what you are doing and you go girl!!