PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with growth hormone?

anamika
09-10-2013, 02:26 PM
I think there were some moms here who mentioned experience with this. We are in a situation where this might be in DD's future. Dh and I are trying to work through this difficult decision and would appreciate any input.
I am too scared to Google it!

TIA

JBaxter
09-10-2013, 02:42 PM
My cousin got a 2nd opinion with her son. I always recommend a 2nd opinion. Once you find out specifics then google.

Simon
09-10-2013, 03:32 PM
We have not used GH, yet, but it may be in our future too. Have you met with an endocrinologist yet? We went through a series of appointments and Ds grew enough, literally, at the time of the appointment where we were going to get started with the GH so it became moot. We are continuing to follow up with the endo because no one is certain why growth has stalled/re-started.
Personally, I found our experience to be very reassuring in terms of understanding why, how and when they are used and I felt completely comfortable with the idea that we needed them (or so we thought at the time). If we had started and later found a correction that didn't involve using GH I would have had no guilt about using them in term of side effects, etc. You can find fairly reliable information at the Magic Foundation web site, including personal stories if you're looking for more reading.