PDA

View Full Version : Active/lively dance class for 3.5 YO DD?

iaam
09-10-2013, 02:34 PM
DD is 3.5. She is a very active child. She currently goes to a weekly gymnastics class, which she loves. I am also looking for a dance class for her. She loves music and breaks out dancing every time she hears a catchy tune, so I think she will love it. The issue is that it needs to be lively! She went to a ballet class a few months ago and hated it - it was just too slow for her. Any idea what kind of class I should look for?

SnuggleBuggles
09-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Look for creative movement. After that, it's a matter of finding a good teacher. Work that parent network for recommendations. Consider the Wii game Just Dance. It's so fun!

Tenasparkl
09-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Lots of the dance classes for that age are a combo of ballet & tap or ballet & hip hop. She may not love the ballet part, but I bet tap or hip hop would be fun for her.

Binkandabee
09-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Jazz would also fit the bill! My DD takes a combo ballet/jazz class and is meh on the ballet but LOVES the jazz half. She calls it "fancy dancing".

BabyBearsMom
09-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Our rec center has a hip hop dance class for that age. My DD1 is a proper priss (she loooooooves ballet) so I didn't think it would be a good fit for her, but it might be right up your DDs alley.