PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping bag suggestions/bargains?

sewarsh
09-10-2013, 03:24 PM
hi girls,
looking for a sleeping bag for my 7 year old daughter. she'll be using this for sleepaway camp next summer and will also be using it for future family camping trips. that said, i want a high quality bag that she'll be able to use for years to come. of course, i'd like a bargain, but mostly i'm looking for suggestions on recommended bags and then i can keep my eyes open for any bargains.

thanks!

Philly Mom
09-10-2013, 03:42 PM
I would go to REI, EMS or LL Bean. I would also call the camp and ask if they have any requirements and inquire how the bag will be used. Depending on where you are camping and where the camp is located, the minimum temperature rating might change. REI, EMS or LL Bean should be able to give you good advice once the camp lets you know what specs they want. I bought a Northface bag in 1995 that still works well (15 degree F).

wifecat
09-10-2013, 05:05 PM
We got our kids Eureka sleeping bags from campmor. Not the best deal in the world, but they had good sleeping bags at a decent price, and they're really nice and will last a long time. http://www.campmor.com/eureka-kids-lady-bug-30-degrees-sleeping-bag.shtml?source=CI&ci_sku=45335&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=