PDA

View Full Version : TMI post - DS' "routine"

Sweetum
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM
DS has been pooping in the afternoons for a few months now. He used to do it in the morning, but somewhere we didn't have much time and he moved to afternoons. Now, even with time, he doesn't do it in the morning, and while I would normally not worry or care about it, it puts his afternoon schedule in jeopardy and more importantly, he sometimes feels uncomfortable, I think, because he can be irritable etc. Anyway I can help him get it done with in the morning so he can have a better day? thanks.

ArizonaGirl
09-11-2013, 08:38 PM
DS has been pooping in the afternoons for a few months now. He used to do it in the morning, but somewhere we didn't have much time and he moved to afternoons. Now, even with time, he doesn't do it in the morning, and while I would normally not worry or care about it, it puts his afternoon schedule in jeopardy and more importantly, he sometimes feels uncomfortable, I think, because he can be irritable etc. Anyway I can help him get it done with in the morning so he can have a better day? thanks.

Could you have some structured sitting on the toilet relaxed time in the morning at the time you want to the event to occur. Just relax and sit, maybe reading books or playing a game, just to let the bowels relax and take his mind off of it.

Charlie
09-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Maybe add some flaxseed meal to his breakfast? It may help to get things moving.

TwoBees
09-12-2013, 08:11 AM
We can pretty much predict when DD will go depending on what time of day we give her Miralax. She is on a daily Miralax regimen though. Don't start any med without talking to your ped, but maybe a natural laxative such as prunes or applesauce for breakfast (or even the night before) might help?