PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get lots of hostess angst?

megs4413
09-11-2013, 08:32 PM
So I bit the bullet and sent out invites to an "almost sleepover" for DD (we didn't have a birthday part for her because I was in the hospital...i owe her a big one and this is how she wants to cash in) and I am angst-ridden waiting for the replies. I even made sure that two of the girls could make it (texted moms ahead of time) before committing to throwing this thing, so I know it won't get a total ignore/decline from guests, but I'm still wicked stressed about it. I'm always afraid that absolutely no one will show. this happened to me once years ago and i've been terrified of it happening to my kids ever since. How do you all cope with putting yourself out there like this? Can anyone relate to what I'm feeling here?

BunnyBee
09-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Yes. I'm an introvert and don't like people in my space. Strange kids included. Hoping I don't pass along too much social anxiety to my kids. I really freak out the night before (during the cleaning frenzy, ha).

I hope your DD's party is a big success!

Nechums
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Yes! This is me! I could have written your post exactly as I am eagerly waiting replies to DSs upcoming party.

I also had a birthday party when I was a kid where barely anyone showed up. My parents had scheduled it the same time/day as the local memorial day parade. I wonder if that affected me as well.

hellokitty
09-12-2013, 08:14 AM
I am the same way too. We don't do sleep over and part of that is due to me not wanting to keep taking turns hosting.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

flashy09
09-12-2013, 08:32 AM
YES!!! I have a group of friends with similar aged kids and we have playdates 1-2x a week. Except the only time anyone has come to my house was for DD's birthday and I spent weeks cleaning and obsessing and worrying and planning. I feel like my house is messy, my dogs jump up on people, dog hair is everywhere, I don't have that fancy, interior decorator look to my house, I can't cook.......

specialp
09-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Yes. I hosted adult parties pre-kids for everything and never worried, but my nephew had an extremely low turnout to his b'day party 5 years ago for his 5th b'day party which broke my heart and it now worries me a great deal with kids' parties. All I know to do is prepare to make it as fun and big deal special whether 1 person comes or 10 people do.