PDA

View Full Version : Gift for on year old girl, please help me!

KLD313
09-11-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm agonizing over this gift. The party is Sat so I need to purchase in TRU or Target. I've known thr mom and baby for about 6 mos, she told me don't bring a gift because she doesn't think friends should bring gifts only family so there will be gifts at the party. I really feel uncomfortable not bringing one and she had helped me a lot and I want to acknowledge that. I barey knew what to get MY one year old and I don't remember what DD liked at 1. Anything great for around $20-25 that I'm missing?

123LuckyMom
09-11-2013, 09:58 PM
If she asked you not to bring a gift, I wouldn't, but if you really feel the need, I'd get her a cuddly toy. We don't have the chain stores near us, so I don't know what they carry by way of stuffies, but a stuffed animal (that's safe for a baby, of course), is always a nice gift. A board book or books could be great, too. Bath toys are fun at that age. Don't get a big plastic toy if you've been asked not to get a gift. Get something small and sweet.

KLD313
09-11-2013, 10:22 PM
That's a thought. I know she wants toys because she told me she's asking family for toys. I know they love books. A stuffed animal and a book may be ok.

abh5e8
09-11-2013, 10:36 PM
how about something cute, DIY? if she is feeling bad about the money involved in asking for gifts, she might feel better about something you made.

these are cute (and easy!) http://theimaginationtree.com/2013/02/4-diy-baby-and-toddler-toys-for-motor.html

mine loved clothes pins (the kind without springs) and a half gallon plastic milk jug.

or this one. http://tinkerlab.com/baby-fabric-bucket/ (or a nice box of kleenex!)

do you sew at all? a little lovey with ribbon tags is sweet and easy.

or a couple of helium filled balloons? mine LOVED these at that age. (well, who are we kidding. they still do!)

KLD313
09-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Those are so cute! Thanks for the idea. No, I definitely don't sew.