PDA

View Full Version : Talk me through google calendar and syncing to my android please.

mom2binsd
09-11-2013, 10:25 PM
So I know nothing about doing this.

I want to be able to input activities etc into a calendar on my desktop PC as I hate typing on my phone. I want to be able to make a print out to give to grandparents and post as well. I'd like it to then go to my Android phone.

I tried a search and was utterly overwhelmed on what the steps where.

tmahanes
09-11-2013, 10:36 PM
What phone do you have and do you want to use the app that came on the phone or download something else?

Do you have a Gmail address?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

o_mom
09-11-2013, 10:49 PM
If you have a g-mail account already, start by setting up your calendar there. I would only put a few events on until you know for sure you have it working.

Google calendar can be printed, so that takes care of the GPs.

On your phone, you have a choice of the native android app or one downloaded from the store. I have been fine with the native app and you may want to start there for ease. When you open that calendar app (probably called 'calendar' on your phone), it may automatically prompt you to put in your g-mail address and pw. If so, that should do it. If not, you have to go into the settings, accounts and add your g-mail account. Once you do that, it should sync and what you put in on the PC shows up on the phone and the reverse.

khm
09-11-2013, 11:00 PM
So I know nothing about doing this.

I want to be able to input activities etc into a calendar on my desktop PC as I hate typing on my phone. I want to be able to make a print out to give to grandparents and post as well. I'd like it to then go to my Android phone.

I tried a search and was utterly overwhelmed on what the steps where.

If you have a gmail, you have a google calendar. :) Are you signed into gmail on your phone (ie, can you get to play store, etc.)? If not, do this.

Log in to gmail.com on PC. Up in the top black bar, pick calendar. Make a few dummy appointments. Check calendar on phone in a few minutes. Are they there? If yes - YEAH!

If not - Make sure you are syncing Calendar. Settings>Accounts>Google - Check Sync Calendar. (Note this may be a bit different on your phone, I know it is different on my new phone vs the old one, but the gist is the same.)

wendibird22
09-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Google calendar! I have a work one, DH has a work one, and we have a family one. All sync to each of our devices. I prefer to add appointments via google calendar on my macbook but like the ability to update via my phone or ipad.