PDA

View Full Version : Is this the flu?

melrose7
09-11-2013, 10:40 PM
So DS got sick on his first day of preschool last Wednesday. He threw up for a day, didn't eat for 3 and had a low temp. Of course DD2 got sick overnight Sunday and is still throwing up 3 days later. She has only eaten a quarter piece of toast and that was yesterday. She's drinking a little bit of water each day, but won't have Gatorade or soda. I got sick on Monday but was better within a day. Of course she is only throwing up bile now but I feel so bad for her. She has a temp of 99.5 but feels warm. I was going to call the Dr tomorrow but not sure what they will tell me to do. She even threw up in her sleep last night as I didn't hear anything and there were green areas on her pillow and blanket. Anything I can do for her? I did give her some Tylenol tonight because she said her head hurt.

AngB
09-11-2013, 10:44 PM
It is a stomach bug, not influenza-flu like there are vaccinations/tamiflu for.

Make her drink SOMETHING more- whether it's gatorade or sprite/7up/sierra mist or water if she can keep it down. The doctor may put her on iv fluids if she is dehydrated and possibly could give some anti-nausea meds but that's about it, I think. The biggest concern is dehydration, ime.

Philly Mom
09-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Buy pedialyte ice pops to put in your freezer. They are easy to digest and rehydrate.

melrose7
09-11-2013, 11:54 PM
All she wants is water. Probably drinks a whole cup throughout the day. But threw up 2 times today just from drinking water. She tried 7up today, never had soda before, and didn't like it. Bought Gatorade but she won't drink it either. She doesn't like regular Popsicles or ice pops so I don't see her liking the pedialyte pops. She is at least going to the bathroom once a day. I thought it was a stomach bug too. I'll still call the dr tomorrow