PDA

View Full Version : Are your Thursday afternoons hell??

logan's mom
09-12-2013, 03:11 PM
I hate Thursday! It's like the whole week catches up with my kids at once. They (2 and 4) turn into overtired little monsters. Nothing seems to help...earlier bedtime on Wednesday night, earlier nap for 2 year old on Thursday....
I was thinking of packing lunch and having the kids eat in the car after I pick of DS1 from preschool, then driving around until they both fall alseep:bag

oneplustwo
09-12-2013, 10:57 PM
BTDT when my kids were younger. My guys are 8 years older than yours and the truth is, sometimes Thursday afternoons/evenings still bite us in the butt. Actually I think your plan of lunch in the car and driving till you reach the Land of Nod (from the Thursday kid funnies thread!) sounds very practical, especially if you bring a treat or coffee or something along for yourself. :)

♥ms.pacman♥
09-12-2013, 11:38 PM
well here Thursdays are crazy for us mostly bc we have swim lessons that day. My kids are similar ages (2.5 and 3.5) and swim lessons are @ 6:15. So that means DH picks them up from daycare and takes them directly to swim class (i meet them there right after work) then after that we go out to eat, and then we head home. Today I got home with them like at 7:45, i just enough time to rinse out swim gear and do basic clean up before it was time to sit down and read a couple books before starting the bedtime routine.

When DH is OOT i totally half-a$$ dinner and take them for a walk in the double stroller. I make a green smoothie and pack that plus almonds, some other fruit and we walk to the park and have a "picnic" dinner. I hate dealing with dinner prep plus cleanup and trying to get kids to eat for 20 minutes so it's a huge sanity saver.

petesgirl
09-13-2013, 12:01 AM
I hate Thursday! It's like the whole week catches up with my kids at once. They (2 and 4) turn into overtired little monsters. Nothing seems to help...earlier bedtime on Wednesday night, earlier nap for 2 year old on Thursday....
I was thinking of packing lunch and having the kids eat in the car after I pick of DS1 from preschool, then driving around until they both fall alseep:g

NO shame in that! Totally BTDT!

AngB
09-13-2013, 01:17 AM
There were a ridiculous number of times last winter I threw both kids in the car and drove around till they were both asleep. Who am I kidding? This summer too! (In the spring at least I tried to go on walks till they both slept.) The best was when I drove to the ice cream drive thru stand. I seriously contemplated getting ice cream today actually.

dogmom
09-13-2013, 05:14 AM
Oh, wait for Thursday evenings when they get school age! Friday weekly tests. The last of homework. Worn out by whatever sport they are in. A friend of mine has a saying "I am fighting with my daughter about homework, it must be Thursday."

hellokitty
09-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Oh, wait for Thursday evenings when they get school age! Friday weekly tests. The last of homework. Worn out by whatever sport they are in. A friend of mine has a saying "I am fighting with my daughter about homework, it must be Thursday."

ITA. My kids always have their spelling tests (and any other tests) and weekly assignments due on Friday. Plus someone usually has library books due that day too. It's so much to do.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

123LuckyMom
09-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Wow! I never thought about this, you brilliant Mamas! Last night, DS was doing great until bedtime when he completely melted. It was like he hit a wall. As I think about it, it almost always happens on Thursday nights! I'm going to make a special effort to be more patient and watch bedtime carefully on Thursdays from now on!

kdeunc
09-13-2013, 09:07 AM
My best friend and I (3 kids each) often find ourselves going, "yep its Thursday". We refer to it as Thursday night hell. :)

logan's mom
09-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks Ladies! Misery loves company!!!

sarahsthreads
09-13-2013, 11:14 AM
I actually hate Wednesday afternoons (dance classes right after school) but yeah, Thursday afternoons are no picnic either. Come to think of it, neither are Friday mornings when they dig in their not-so-little heels and fight me over every last detail of getting ready for school. I'm seriously going to send them in their pjs with dry cereal in a baggie next Friday because I'm so over this fight...and this was only week 2 of school!

Basically, once they get off the bus on Wednesday afternoon it all goes to hell until Saturday morning when everyone can sleep it off.

I WISH I could still drive around until everyone was sleeping, but they're big enough now that I'd have to drive a good 2-3 hours to accomplish that, and it would be 2-3 hours of "Mom, where are we going? Are we there yet? How about now? I'm bored! Can I have a drink of water? I'm huuuungry. I have to go potty. Aren't we there yet?!? WHERE ARE WE GOOOOOOINNNNNNGGGGGG?????" and so on. So I'd say, if it works for you still, DO IT. It won't work for much longer and then you'll regret not taking advantage of it when you could!

Sarah :)